Tuesday 24 April 2018

Primark Makeup: My Thoughts!


A long time ago, I remember going on a typical, random Primark shopping Spree. Unbeknown to me that I would come across a few mysterious makeup stands. All of which contained Primark's, very own never before seen, makeup collection...

...Back then, It was a few, small, cheap eye shadow palettes, A mascara and some lip liners..

...Fast forward all these years later and Primark, have a constant stream of new products, or lines of makeup launching. Some original and unique ideas, others seemingly dupes for higher end products...



So, during a particularly impulsive, shopping trip. I  decided that it was worth while testing out some of Primarks, newer makeup collections.

And here's how I got on!






1.K- Pop Pillow Talk Matte Lip Cushion- £2.00

As far As I'm aware, The K Pop Range, is one of the newer collections, in Primark stores.

The products are of course, Inspired by the Korean, makeup trend. Providing shade ranges, that are based on some of your classic K pop inspired looks Featuring bubble Gum pinks and fun bright corals!

The product that I purchased is a Matte lip cushion!



The Lip Cushion, is provided in a small white, plastic, squeeze tube, that comes with a sponge applicator. Which is similiar, to the Maybelline Under Eye Eraser concealer. But, instead of twisting till the product is dispensed onto the sponge applicator, you simply squeeze the tube.




I really like the fact that this product has such simple packaging. I've found that it makes the product really easy to apply and comes in handy when you're in a rush, as you can quickly throw the product into your handbag without taking up tonnes of space!

The actual formula of the product, is surprisingly good!

I picked the shade Jelly Bean, which is a super pretty coral shade.

The texture of the lip cushion, was again another pleasant surprise! It was well pigmented, wasn't too thick, and wasn't super watery. The product had the perfect consistency. And! Had a lovely smooth, creamy feel to it.



The lip colour applied with ease to my lips and, despite the fact that the product is a matte lip colour, I wasn't left with super dried out or cracked looking lips!

Although this lip cushion could easily remind me of a matte liquid lipstick, It really is nowhere near as drying, or difficult to re apply! I've found that the colour, was long lasting on my lips even after eating and drinking!

 Unlike liquid lipsticks I've tried in the past, the product wasn't uncomfortable to wear and! My lips weren't left looking patchy or uneven after some wear time. Instead, I was  left with a slight coral tint to my lips. Which I loved!!

So for the grand price of only £2.00 I would suggest grabbing yourself, one of these and giving it a go!


2. P.S Instagirl Lash Ink Super Volume Mascara- £4.00

Now, For anyone who follows me on twitter, you would have recently seen, that I was deeply upset,  As one of my favourite high end mascara's had began the wonderful time in it's cycle, when the product  dries out and becomes super clumpy to apply!

So, as I needed a new mascara and have seen this particular one available in primark quite a lot, I decided I may as well purchase it now.



The thing that caught my attention with this mascara, was mostly the fact that the packaging claims, that the mascara will, over time, actually tint your lashes. So even though this could be a total gimick and probably will be, I really am a sucker when it comes to products like this!

While I was in the store, because of how this product has been packaged. I wasn't actually able to get a look at what the mascara wand was like. Of course, I had to wait patiently to take some photographs, before I totally ripped the product open and caught a glimpse at the brush!



The wand is a decent size, that is more on the thin, smaller, side and fits well with my eye shape. Which actually allows me to get to the root of my lashes and work in the product!

The wand is plastic. However, the actual applicator is a bristle brush. The bristles, are spaced out nice and evenly, which I've found comes in handy for creating a more separting and defined, eye look.

My favourite part about this mascara, is the actual formula!

I found that the formula, seemed to be at that really great stage, were the mascara formulation is just perfect. It wasn't too wet, and wasn't super dry and flakey. It seemed to be just right.

The mascara, applied evenly, to my lashes, and wasn't super clumpy!

Even though, this mascara is meant to be a volumizing one, I found that It was actually really great at separating and defining my lashes.

I was pleased with the end result, after using this mascara, as I was left with really full looking lashes!

 I didn't experience much clumping, or smearing with this mascara, and I found that It lasted well during the day, on both my upper and lower lashes, without rubbing off or flaking.

Another great thing with this mascara, was that even though, it lasted really well on my eyes, It was still quick and easy to remove. I just used my usual micellar water, and off it came!

 I really enjoy using this mascara as is. However, It does also claim, to tint lashes over time...

If I'm totally honest... I don't really know whether or not this is actually true, as it could be too soon to tell. Of course, I will try my best to keep you all updated on the results!


3. P.S Eye Candy, Sculpting Eye Collection- £3.00

Okay, so this particular product, popped up quite recently in Primark stores, along with the Nudes collection. Both of which remind me a lot, of the Kardashians makeup line...

...With this set, The packaging reminds me of The Kylie Lip Kit packaging.



This product in particular, is called a Sculpting Eye Kit!



In this set, you receive, a matte cream eye shadow and a dual ended eye contour pencil, that has a dark shade and a highlighting shade.

The sculpting kits come in a wide variety of different shades. Although for me, I grabbed Aphrodite!

On first impression, I was really surprised with the matte cream eyeshadow!

The eyeshadow comes in a small pot.




The thing, with cream eye shadows, is that when I've tried them in the past, Mainly the usual drugstore versions. I've found that they can be quite difficult to blend. They usually aren't the cream product that is being advertised, but usually, a gel like texture instead.

Although,  this primark matte shadow cream, was actually what I was expecting it to be! A really lovely creamy, smooth, eye shadow!

The product has really great pigmentation! And despite the fact that the shadow, seems like a very neutral, skin toned shade. I was still able to notice a difference, when I had applied it to my lid.

The shadow, applied easily and blended without any fuss!

My lid wasn't left feeling tacky, and the product, didn't move around once it had set.

This cream shadow, has actually ended up being used as one of my new favourite every day products.

I find that it works really well, as a neutralizing base, on my lid before I apply more colourful shadows. It sits well under other makeup, and seemed to last well on my lid, without causing much, if any, creasing!


Then there's the contour and highlighting pencil duo!

This product is basically, a double ended, pencil, that you twist up on either side, to reveal the product.

I'll start with the dark shade...



This is the side of the duo that I was really happy with!

The darker shade of the duo, is definitely a taupe, mauve kind of colour. Which is really pretty!

With the contouring side, I was impressed, with the quality of the product. I was expecting a product that would be very stiff, and drag across the skin. However, upon swatching, I was once again left, with the totally wrong first impression!

The product swatched super easily!



Not only was it super creamy and smooth when applied to the skin but! It actually had an insane amount of pigmentation. I barely had to apply any pressure to get a full, even coverage, highly pigmented swatch.

The same pretty much applied, when I used this product on my actual lid.

I simply applied it to the outer corners of my eyelid, and blended it through the crease.

At the end of the day, I was happy to find that the product had stayed exactly were I had placed it earlier that day. With no fading, or smudging!

The problem for me, was the highlighting side of the duo...



Now, I love me a good highlighting shade, especially for the inner corner of my eyes. Although, I don't think this one was for me!

The real problem started when I tried to swatch it...

Using the same amount of gentle pressure that I had used with the other end of the duo, I was left slightly disappointed when the actual pencil, snapped off!



The next problem that I faced, was using the remaining highlighter. Unfortunately, I didn't actually think that the product was that pigmented. As It took a good few attempts to build it up. Just to get a fairly standard swatch.

The highlighting shade itself, was definitely more on the chunky glitter side. Which is another thing that I'm not too keen on.

Believe it or not. I actually did test out the highlighter on the inner corner of my eyes. And! Although, it was a nice brightening, silver shade. I still wasn't too keen on the texture, or how chunky the glitter was throughout the product.

If you really want my opinion.. I would still buy this eye sculpting kit! Even  just for the other two products included in the set. I just wouldn't expect to be using the highlighting end of the eye shadow duos in future!


All in All, I would say, that Primark makeup can be a really great surprise!

The products I tried, were mostly, good quality and are also super affordable!

So even if It is just a lipstick! Why not try it out and let me know your thoughts!?


Hope you enjoyed the read!
ShawtandSimple!
xo






























SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig