Tuesday 17 April 2018

First try: Stila Cosmetics!

So. Here we are, once again, discussing another makeup product...

Lots of people will be well aware by now, that one of my favourite places to shop for high end, discounted makeup, is TK Maxx. 

As I've mentioned in previous posts, It does require some serious digging, but more often than not, I've been fortunate enough to find some really great products. From what would normally be, expensive brands!

And as per usual, I wandered in, with no intention of buying anything, when it caught my eye...

The Stila Convertible Colour palette, for both lip and cheeks!








I picked up the palette in the shade Sunset Serenade for the grand price of £7.99!!


Now, after a quick google search. I found out that this product retails on cult beauty, for £29.00, but it also retails on Marks and Spencer, in the UK for only £16.00 

So, you can still get your hands on this product, for a slightly more expensive price.

Of course I was pleased that I managed to get this product, from such a reputable brand such as Stila at an absolute bargain price!

The product packing is pretty simplistic, with it's plain gold packaging, and classic Stila Logo stamped on the front. The palette comes in a plastic, but still not cheap feeling case, that includes the product and a slim, long mirror.

In case I haven't previously mentioned. Stila Cosmetics, are quite well known for their brand of "Convertible Colours." Which are these amazing dual use products, that can be used on either the cheeks or lips!





The palette comes in two different colour schemes. The one that I purchased is called Sunset Serenade.

The colour scheme of the palette, is very fitting with the name. As you're provided with a range off warm toned, peachy, sunset coloured shades.

The palette comes with five different shades, called, Petunia, Peach Blossom, Gerbera, Camilla and Twilight rose.




The last three shades are peach toned and the final two shades, are darker, more deep, tan/brown colours.

Not only do the shades provided, help create some really beautiful, very fitting, spring time, makeup looks. But the actual quality of this product is super impressive!

I have only ever used this product as a cream blush palette and I have not once been left disappointed!




I've only ever used, or applied this product with my fingers. Although, each time that I've applied or simply swatched this product, I've been really happy with the products consistency. 

Yes, I am aware that this is a cream blusher product, but compared to some other cream blushers I've tried in the past, the Stila palette, is genuinely, silky smooth and creamy to the touch. The product in no way feels tacky, or thick.

I've found that the product is highly pigmented even though it feels lightweight, both in texture and when applied to the skin. 

I would definitely recommend using a light hand and minimal product, when applying this to the skin. As I learned quickly, a little goes a long way!

The blusher both, applies to the skin and blends out easily, without removing or messing up any of my other base makeup that I've applied previously.

The product creates a beautiful, natural flushed cheek look. That leaves the skin, looking healthy and dewy.





I've found that all of the shades in this palette suit my fair skin tone nicely.  Even when it came to using the slightly darker shades, I was still able to make use of them, by cream contouring!.

The product has a really great lasting power and managed to successfully stay put on my skin, all day.


As, someone who has never tried any products from the brand Stila before. I was, to say the least, super impressed! And dare I say it, I am sorely tempted, to try out even more of their products, now that I've experienced first hand, just how amazing they can be!


So, if like myself, you're a huge fan of cream products. Perhaps you have a drier skin type. Or if you're simply looking to dip you're toe into the Stila Cosmetics Makeup pool, then I would definitely recommend trying to nab yourself this bargain palette in you're local TK Maxx 

Don't forget to also check out the Marks and Spencer's website, as they sell this product, at quite a reasonable price too!

And after being so happy with my purchase, I would suggest watching this space because, there might just be a few more Stila posts coming your way...


Hope you enjoyed the read!

Shawtandsimple!
xo



















SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig