Wednesday 7 December 2016

Lippy Talk!

One of my favourite parts of applying my makeup in the mornings, is when I apply my favourite lipstick. I get to see the whole makeup look come together when I apply that beautiful nude lipstick. Or I get to feel my confidence soar, once I've applied my stunning bright red lippy.

So I give you the lippy edition! Where I share with you my absolute favourite lipsticks of the moment. From natural to in your face colours, you better brace yourself!

1.Maybelline Baby lips- Peach Kiss- £2.99








This is one of my all time favourite lip products. It's the absolute perfect product for on the go girls. It's a budget friendly, tinted lip balm.

The shade is a beautiful sparkly nude balm called Peach Kiss. Which I have been wearing and re-purchasing for absolute years.



The product adds a lovely glossy, natural looking nude sheen, which requires minimal effort to apply. Something I imagine is perfect for you low maintenance makeup girls.

Of course, given that the nature of this product is a lip balm, it isn't the most long wearing lip product available. However, it's great for keeping your lips nice and moisturised throughout the colder months and it can also be re-applied without much thought given or effort required.
This product is something I would recommend carrying around in your handbag.

I love this particular shade of lip balm as it really does create a lovely glossy nude lip, with some serious shimmer. Nine times out of ten, I reach for this product. I find it seems to look good with pretty much every makeup look that I wear.

A low maintenance, affordable product, that you just can't go wrong with.

2. Essence, Matt Matt Matt lipgloss- 02-Beauty approved




So, having recently went on a trip to Dublin. I realised that there are a lot of brands that aren't available, where I live and can be very difficult to get your hands on. However, The lovely Dublin town actually hold some of these brands in stores!
Essence! Catrice! Wet and Wild! Nyx! All the makeup!

So, me being me, decided I had to buy at least one product from a brand that I can't purchase, easily where I live. After much deliberating, I settled on a dark, nude matte lippy from the brand, Essence.

Now considering everything that I have just told you. Imagine how disappointed I am that I have basically worn this colour every single day from I purchased it and I am yet to discover how I could re-purchase this easily.

The product is exactly what it says on the Tin. It's a matte lipgloss- minus the gloss.



The shade that I purchased, is great for this time of the year. It's a gorgeous, matte, brown based nude lip colour.

The actual product itself in my opinion is perfection. It has a beautiful creamy, smooth texture when applied to the lips. It's super pigmented and It doesn't grab on to dry areas, or sit in the natural creases on my lips. The product isn't drying or uncomfortable to wear. It just feels nice and creamy on the lips. To the point were, it's quite easy to forget you have any product on.

Although it is a similar product to liquid lipsticks, don't be fooled. This definitely isn't a lip stain, But considering that this product is essentially a matte lipgloss (if you know what I mean.) The staying power is quite good. However, I would recommend topping up your lippy after eating or drinking.

I feel like this product is great for the colder months, as it isn't drying, it's long lasting and in all honestly, just easy to throw in your hand bag and touch up on the go. It doesn't really require much effort to have a really lovely looking winter lip.

Also as I purchased this product a while ago I'm not too sure off the price, but it was without a doubt under £5.00. The brand also had a wide variety of colours, so your bound to find something that you like.


3.Topshop Lipstick- Naturist- £8.00



This is one of the first ever makeup items that I have purchased from Topshop, and if you follow my Instagram, you will be well aware that this product has featured in many a photograph.

I fell in love with this product on first use. Again, it's another matte lipstick, Which I love this time of year, because on windy days, your hair doesn't get stuck in your lipgloss. ( I know I'm not the only person this happens too!)


The shade I purchased is called Naturist. Which at first glance looks like a classic nude shade. However, once I had swatched the lipstick, it definitely is a nude, but with more of a greyish, purple undertone. It's quite difficult to describe, but If you want to understand what I'm talking about just look at the above swatch picture. Hopefully it will make more sense then.

As I have already said, this lipstick is matte. It applied easily to the lips, and is quite a creamy, smooth product. However, it is slightly more drying than say, the product I have mentioned previously, but I wouldn't say that it's ridiculously drying or uncomfortable to wear.
Nothing a quick dab of lipbalm wouldn't help.

The product is very long lasting. I found that I didn't experience much smudging or fading during the day or after eating or drinking. Although, you should be prepared for touch ups during the day, but again it's another really easy product to apply. No lipliner, No precise application, You just throw it on and your ready for the day.

I'm sure you're wondering why this lipstick has made it onto my favourites list. It doesn't appear to be anything special, right? Well WRONG! Other than this lipstick being a really lovely product, The more simple reason that I love this lipstick so much, is that it really is such a different colour.
It's a totally unique shade in my lip collection, and considering how many nude lipsticks there are on the market, It's just nice to find a product that's a bit different, and more cool toned for once, especially in the drugstore (If you can count Topshop cosmetics as drugstore.) 

4. Makeup Revolution- Salvation velvet lacquer- Velvet Rebel- £3.00




Incase you didn't notice, I am a huge fan of nude/ natural toned lipsticks or lipglosses. So, sometimes It's just nice to go outside your comfort zone and wear a brighter, bolder lip colour.

This is where, this bad boy comes into play. I spotted this product during a random autumnal feeling makeup splurge in superdrug and I haven't regretted it since.

The product is quite unique, in the fact that it applied like a liquid lipstick, but for me personally (despite other peoples review, it doesn't quite stain like one.)


First thing is first. The colour of this liquid lipstick, is a stunning, dark berry, almost plum colour.

Now, application. My top tip for this product is to use lip liner. You will seriously need it, as the product is a liquid and it can get messy applying. I would recommend, filling in your lip shape with a pencil, and then filling the rest of your lips in, with this product.

The liquid lipstick, is extremely pigmented, so you don't need much. Nor do you need layers and layers to get an opaque colour. I would suggest applying the product quite quickly as it dries to a matte finish and in my opinion, you don't really want to layer this product as layering can make it go quite flakey.

The product applies smoothly and with little hassle. That's if you have used a lip liner, otherwise you will run into some problems.

Once the product is on the lips, I found it was long lasting, as long as your not drinking. I found once the product hit water, I could practically wipe the whole product off with a tissue.

I am aware that this is a lot of hassle for one product, but considering how stunning a shade this lippy is, and for someone like myself on a budget, you can't really complain too much, when you find a product that does what it says on the tin, for the grand price of £3.00


And CUT! That's all from me, on my current lipstick favourites. Hopefully I haven't tempted too many people to spend more money on makeup. (Sometimes it just can't be helped! hehe!)

yours truly
Shawtandsimple xo

















SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig