Tuesday 20 December 2016

Jefree Star: First Impressions!

So, since what has felt like the beginning of time, I've had a terrible habit of watching beauty guru's on youtube and seeing what they have purchased or are recommending, and instantly going and buying the exact same product.

I WASTE SO MUCH MONEY!

What the internet doesn't remind you off is the fact that everyone is totally unique and what one person may love another may hate, or what works for your skin type may be a total nightmare for someone else.

HOWEVER! That being said, I have always seen people using or promoting, The Jefree Star Liquid lipsticks and I have forever envied them and wished that I could try such a product.

Now baring in mind that I haven't been keeping well recently and am currently out of work, believe it or not £16.00 for one single item of makeup always seemed a tad steep to me. So, instead I always went for the cheaper option, I.E The makeup Revolution Velvet Laquer. coming in at like a 5th of the price at just £3.00 (which I have raved about!)

That being said, it's Christmas time and your supposed to be happy and enjoy yourself, so I FINALLY decided to take the plunge and purchase a Jefree Star Liquid lipstick from the online website Beauty Bay.

So, after a rather long back story to my purchase, this blog post is actually going to be my first impression of the product. So if that's something you'd be interested in, stay tuned....

 The Packaging!!








What I forgot to mention above, was just how good the delivery service of beautybay.com was.
I received my product two days after ordering it, which is fantastic! Especially given that it's this time of year when postage is a nightmare.

So, back to the actual product. Now despite this being my first ever time owning a Jefree Star liquid Lipstick, I was very aware of a lot of his most popular shades, and also of the fact that the packing was always a hot pink, with the Jefree Logo.

However, I didn't just purchase any ordinary Jefree packaged product. Instead I opted for a Lipstick from his holiday collection. This ultimately means that I received totally different packaging to normal.

The product arrived in a beautifully packaged, red box with gold stars and a gold Jefree Logo.
Which I feel Is terribly festive, and I absolutely loved it!

The packaging of this product is absolutely stunning and really does scream Holidays are coming! (if you've seen the coca cola advert, you'll get this.)

The festive packaging also carries on to the actual product itself.

The liquid lipstick arrived with a lovely Bright Red cap, again with the Gold Jefree Star Logo.

The product is a decent size, which Is good value for money, and the packaging feels secure, coming with a twist on and off lid, that you can hear click when closed, ensuring that your product isn't going to dry out, due to dodgy packaging.



One thing I will also say is really impressive with the packaging, Is the fact that all the ingredients in the product are listed on the side of the box it comes in, It also comes with instructions and states that the product is both vegan friendly and cruelty free.

The Shade!



So, with this product being part of the Jefree Holiday collection, I imagine that these shades might be limited edition, but there's most likely similar colours available in his everyday range.

I opted for a shade in the collection that I knew I was likely to wear everyday, as I didn't want to waste money and purchase something I wouldn't really use.

I purchased the shade Chrysanthemum. Which is an absolutely stunning everyday pinky nude shade.

However, what I wasn't expecting is the fact that this particular shade contains beautiful sparkling gold glitter throughout. Which helps to create an almost metallic look, rather than plain old matte lips.

Once again, Festive!!

The Product!

One thing I always very aware of was that liquid lipsticks are known to be rather drying on the lips, and I have read in reviews that Jefree Star products can also be the same.

So, considering the fact that I do have quite dry lips, I definitely was nervous about trying this product out.



When I opened the product, I was pleasantly surprised by the shape of the applicator. I'm usually very familiar with doe foot applicators, and yes this was also the same, but the shape of the brush, was almost bent and curved. Which I found when actually applying the lipstick, that it made for a really smooth, easy application, as the brush fitted into all the curves of the lips, giving a good even coat, meaning that no lip liner was required.

When I first applied the product, I was quite surprised by how much comes out on the brush, so just be wary of that. But, when I actually applied the product to my lips, I was rather shocked at how liquidy the product actually was. By that, I don't mean that it was running down my face, but I had always expected Jefree cosmetics to be a thick creamy texture, instead I received a lightweight liquid product, which I actually really liked.

The liquid lipstick, really wasn't much effort to apply, but the results were fantastic.



What I really loved, was how pigmented the product was. I applied the thinnest coat ever, and the pigmentation was incredible. I was left with what I would refer to as full coverage lips. As in the product was evenly applied to my lips, wasn't patchy, and left my lip looking the exact colour that the product was supposed to be.

My only complaint, was that it did feel slightly drying to apply. However, I'm pretty sure that was because of the particular shade I purchased containing gold glitter, so naturally it wouldn't apply as creamy as perhaps one of the other shades available.

I found that the lipstick also was very fast drying, as in I didn't have to sit down and count to 60 seconds before I seen it completely dry. I also found that my lips were left feeling slightly drier, but as I've learnt in the last few days that if you just apply lipbalm on beforehand it makes the lipstick more comfortable to wear, but doesn't have an impact on the matte effect.

For me personally this liquid lipstick was incredibly long lasting. To the point where a family member commented on the fact that my lipstick was still on, despite the fact I had been eating and drinking (water!) The entire day.

However, the lipstick definitely does fade, but what I've noticed is it fades evenly and doesn't leave your lips half stained or smudged, which is really great if your on a night out during the Christmas season, or your just having a meal, because, who wants to end up looking like the joker!


I really have fallen entirely in love with this product, and not just because it's something I've always wanted to try!

The formula and staying power of this liquid lipstick really is incredible, and in the future I would without a doubt purchase more shades of this product, despite the price!

I also think this product would be a fantastic gift for a makeup lover, or used as a stocking filler. OR! just do what I did and Treat yourself! It really is worth the money!

yours truly,
shawtandsimple xo




















SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig