Friday 23 December 2016

How I Dye My Hair Pink!

After months and months of effort, I finally had my hair the shade of blonde that I wanted. (Which was around a sort of beige blonde tone.) But of course, boredom sets in! and so me being me, decided that I was fed up with blonde hair, just for the time being, I'm sure I would eventually like to be blonde again. And so, Thus began my mission for pastel pink hair!

Now, having finally got my hair to were I wanted It to be, the last thing I wanted to do was use a permanent pink hair dye, and then be left devastated when I realise that I've ruined my hair colour.
So I began to do some research into semi permanent/ Wash in Wash out hair dyes.

Of course I watched and read many a review, before I came across this certain brand and product, which is all thanks to a youtuber called Katie Snooks.






The brand is available in Superdrug stores, and as far as I'm aware is a newish brand, called Freedom Colour.

They claim to have created semi permanent hair dyes, that can be used directly to create bright hair colours, or you have the option to use their product called the pastelliser, that you can mix in with any of their hair dye colours to create... Pastel shades!

The brand have a wide range of colours, varying from metallics, rose gold, bright pink, blue, purple, grey etc!

However, after doing my research, The two shades I was most tempted to purchase, were called Pink Pizzaz and Magenta. The first colour being a true pink shade, and the second being more of a fuchsia purple tone.

I opted to purchase the shade Magenta, and I also bought the pastelliser.




You also receive a large amount of product, with the actual Magenta dye being 150ml tube and the pastelliser being a 250ml tube. So definitely good value for money.



So of course, the deal with these products, is that you already have prelightened hair. So for this reason I was slightly worried that the product would be patchy as I don't have white blonde hair. Of course I'll go more into detail with this later, but this is just a foot note for those of you who don't have blonde or bleached hair, so please bare that in mind.

Now, along with your dye and pastelliser, you receive hair dying gloves and an instructions. Of course always follow the instructions when it comes to hair dying at home. Which I did.


So, I started of by getting myself a hair dying brush and mixing bowl, I added a good amount of the pastelliser and then a small dollop of the magenta hair dye and mixed together.

Now, the good thing about this, is that you can totally customise the shade to suit you. I added enough pastelliser to create a lightened magenta colour, but still bright enough that it was noticeable.


Important!! If your going to try this at home, make sure you wear the gloves provided and cover yourself with a towel! and also make sure that you instantly wash away any dye that hits surfaces, because this stuff can stain, bad! I had pink splash marks all over the bath after washing my hair!

Now, when your applying this hair dye, your advised to massage the product into the hair, So I totally skipped the step of using a hair dying brush and just scooped the product onto my fingertips and ran it through the lengths of the hair and then massaged it in.

When I had my whole head covered, I just tied it back, and left it on my hair for around 20 minutes, as I wanted the dye to last a good while.

when the time was up, I washed the hair dye out with a clarifying shampoo, like I usually would, and blew dry my hair.

I totally loved the results!!

         (The above picture was taken on my mobile phone so I apologize for the poor quality.)


When my hair was completely dry, I was left with a rather bright shade of pink hair! I experienced no patchiness and the dye had completely covered every bit of my bleached hair. (I have blonde ombre hair)

However, despite the fact I loved having pink hair, I did start to tire of it after about two weeks, and so I decided to complete this entire review by seeing how long it took for the product to begin fading, or to see if it actually would wash out, due to it being a semi permanent dye.

So, after the first few washes, I could see that the colour had lightened ever so slightly, but my hair was without a doubt definitely still a fuchsia pink shade.


One week on from making the decision to fade my pink hair...
I have washed my hair every single day for a week solid, using a clarifying shampoo, I have currently faded my hair to the point of a warm blonde shade, with some hint of pink remaining.

For some people this may be a bad thing, but I doubt that this would be a major issue unless your washing your hair every single day. I think that the pink hair dye has lasted really well before it showed any signs of fading, and I don't think it would have faded at all had it not been my mission the last week to go back to my original blonde shade. Then again, I am also super impressed that this product wasn't a total lie and has in fact washed back out, around the same amount of washes that the box suggested it would.
I do still have a pinky warm tone to my blonde, but I can't see it lasting more than one or two more hair washing days.

So, there you go, how I dye my hair pink, on a temporary basis. I would seriously recommend this product for girls like myself who get bored with their hair easily and fancy a change on a temporary basis. However I can imagine this product being long lasting for those of you who can properly commit to a fun hair colour!

Yours Truly,
shawtandsimple xo
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig