Friday 25 November 2016

Tanya Burr Christmas palette!

So It's Christmas shopping season. You know that time of year when your parcels are a nightmare to get delivered and your city centre is always packed. Filled with people running around with huge rolls of wrapping paper and smacking you with their shopping bags as they run past?

Well I had planned to get In some Christmas bits and bobs for presents. However, due to a serious lacking of self control, I picked myself up a limited addition, Tanya Burr Beautifully Defined, Christmas palette.





First off, The packaging. Why does it have to look so beautiful? It looks like a perfectly parcelled Christmas gift, with a stunning bow design and then sprinkled with tonnes of glitter. (yes, you're correct it does go everywhere, but looks very pretty.) The palette is easy to open and close.



So, when I opened the palette. I was super impressed with the contents, especially considering the fact that I only paid £10.00 (Usually retails for £11.00 in Superdrug stores) The palette also contains a lovely, big, heart shaped mirror, which is perfect to apply your makeup with. In the palette you receive, 3, limited edition eyeshadows, A Liquid skin illuminator, a powder highlighter and lastly a bronzer.


The first of the eyeshadow shades available in the palette, Is a stunning, shimmery rose gold eyeshadow called silk pyjamas. The second shade is called Cuddle me, which is your standard, shimmery, bronzed eyeshadow colour and the third eyeshadow, is a gorgeous matte dark chocolate brown (perfect for filling in your eyebrows with) called Baking Brownies.

These eyeshadows are a lovely buttery smooth texture, making application easy.

Another thing I love, is that when I swirled my brush into the shadows, there was minimal to no powder fallout, in the actual palette itself. (It's always nice when they're isn't dusty shadow powder all over your palette.)

The shades are extremely pigmented, and don't have very much fall out once applied to lid. The 2 shimmer shades, add a lovely glow to the lids when they're applied, as the shimmer is soft and subtle, rather than huge chunks of glitter. The matte shadow, is also a perfect consistency, and doesn't drag or lose any of the pigmentation, when applied to the lid.

All three of the shadows are gorgeous, and blend so easily, that you just can't go wrong.



The powder highlighter is called Champagne Shimmer. Which on first impression, I would totally disagree with because, when you look at this highlighter in the palette, it definitely looks more of a pink, rosy shade, than a true champagne colour.
However, once you actually swatch this product, It actually blends out to this beautiful, not too warm, not too cool toned highlighter. Which I am totally in love with.

Again the formulation of the product is absolute perfection. It's a smooth, silky, almost creamy feeling highlighter, that doesn't feel powdery to the touch, nor does it look powdery on the skin. It creates a beautiful, glowing natural highlight.

The bronzer, is called caramel kiss. This shade of bronzer is absolutely gorgeous. It's your perfect, mid toned warm caramelly (hence the name) bronzer shade. Which I'm pretty sure contains, some form of extremely subtle shimmer (although I can't really see it when I look at the product) and when  applied to my skin, I didn't look like a disco ball, or anything horrible like that, but I was left with this lovely natural glow to my skin.

Again the same buttery, smooth formulation as the other products in the palette, which had fantastic pigmentation, and minimal drag when applied to the skin. It left my skin looking lovely and bronzed, rather than orange, and created a healthy glow to my face.


The last product in the palette was a liquid illuminator in the shade beaming. Which in my opinion, wasn't that nice of a product. The shade was more of a true shimmering bronze gold, than the usual champagne highlights that I'm used to. I also found the formulation of the product slightly too watery for my preference (despite the liquid illuminator name). I also thought that when I applied the product to my skin, my highlight wasn't actually that noticeable.
I wouldn't really be too keen to keep using this product, but perhaps with more time I will learn to love it.

So there you have it, a simple review of the Beautifully Defined palette by Tanya Burr Cosmetics.
I definitely think that this would be a great stocking filler for Christmas, or the perfect gift for someone just starting off with makeup, as your provided with a variety of products.
However, If your like me, Just pick up the palette during one of your "I should treat myself." phases.
It really is a great palette, however, bare in mind it's limited edition for the Christmas season only.

yours truly
shawtandsimple xo








SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig