Friday 24 June 2016

Battle of The Glow!

So everyone knows now that It's officially summer, we're all about finding the perfect product to help create that amazing naturally highlighted, glowing from within skin look.

I decided to take two of my current favourite highlighting skin primers and put them to the test to see which is better value for your hard earned money.

1. Loreal Paris Lumi Magique Primer- £9.99





So, I'll start with the packaging. This product has pretty basic packaging. It looks nice enough, with the plain white tube and gold detailing. It just isn't a very eye-catching.

It does however do the job properly. It's sturdy and comes in a nicely sized bottle. Nothing too big that would be difficult to travel with. It just fits into your everyday makeup bag nicely.

Another good thing about this products packaging is that it comes with a pump, that actually dispenses a nice amount of product without hassle.


The actual product itself is lovely. It has some lovely highlighting pigmentation, which can convince you that your going to end up looking like a disco ball. But once I actually blended out the product all over my face, It left me looking hydrated and like my skin was glowing naturally.

Much to my surprise this product didn't cause any issues with my dry, sometimes flaky skin. It didn't cling or emphasize any of my dry patches and blended over them nicely, leaving my skin looking nice and hydrated.

The only issue I have had with this product, Is that it seems like every time I use it, I get up the next morning with a few pimples. Which isn't a huge problem. But it is something you may want to take into consideration if you have super sensitive skin.

2. Rosie For Autograph Amazing Radiance Cream-£18.00



If your reading this having read my first impressions of the Rosie For Autograph range, then you will know that I am completely obsessed with the beautiful Rose Gold and black packaging. It looks so glamorous and really does create an expensive high end feel to the product.

Once again this product comes in a nicely sized bottle, that once again will be easy to fit into your everyday makeup bag or to travel with.

However, this product comes in a squeeze tube rather than with a dispensing pump. As I've said in a previous post the bottle is quite stiff and it can actually be rather difficult to squeeze the product out. Which for the cost of £18.00 a bottle, may be a deal breaker for you. However, I've managed to dispense the product without this becoming too much of an issue (except for when I recently injured my wrist, oops!)

I'm going to completely honest. When I first used this product I genuinely disliked it. I thought that the product was just too highlighting and every time I wore It I thought I looked like a disco ball. I also thought it didn't sit well on my dry skin.

However, I recently started using this product more regularly and have completely fallen in love with it. Which after my first impression of the product. I really wasn't expecting.


The amazing radiance cream, applies smoothly with an everyday face cream like texture, without feeling heavy. Also bare in mind that the cream is scented but it's a lovely floral smell and doesn't hang around for long.

The product is extremely pigmented, as in you can see the highlighter in the actual cream straight away, but it blends out lovely and left my skin shimmering and looking naturally glowy, but not so overdone that I looked like that disco ball I keep mentioning.


Which is better!?




I'm going to be completely honest when I say that both of these products are really fantastic if your wanting that perfect summer glow look. Although there is a £8 price difference between the two, which can be a make or break for some people.

This was such a tough decision as both of these highlighting primers are so good, long lasting and really do give that beautiful summer glow!

However, based on the fact that It doesn't break my sensitive skin out and is both paraben and cruelty free. If I really had too pick one, I would pick Rosie For Autograph Amazing Radiance Cream which is £18.00 for 35ml

If that isn't a product that's in your price range then feel free to pick up the Loreal Lumi Magique primer. As it is also a really lovely product and slightly more budget friendly.



Shawtandsimple xo




























SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig