Wednesday 2 November 2016

My skin saviour!!

*Disclaimer: This blog post contains products that were GIFTED for free in exchange for a review. All thoughts and Opinions are my own.

So, over the past few months I have been trying and testing two new products from a brand called Botanica Beauty!

Both of the products I have been trying are targeted towards people with sensitive/problematic skin. The products contain no parabens, no harsh chemicals and all natural Ingredients. So considering the fact that I am an eczema sufferer, I'm always keen to try out new products that are aimed towards my skin type. Especially when they are made from all natural ingredients.

Botanica Beauty cleansing wash- 300ml for £10.80







The cleansing wash was the first product that I decided to try out.

I was very excited about this product as it contained no parabens, no sulfates and only contained three ingredients. Water based moisturiser, tea tree oil and oil of lavender. Which compared to my usual E45 cleansing wash, is a remarkable difference when you compare the long list of ingredients I'm used to seeing on the back of my bottle. Another reason I was excited to use this product is as it contains no harmful chemicals you can wash both your face and body with the same product. (high 5 for multi-use products!)

However, baring in mind that I have unbelievably sensitive and easily irritated skin, when I find a product that works with my skin type I'm usually very reluctant to try out anything new.



Now, one of the first things I noticed and actually found really unique was that when using the cleansing wash, you have to dilute it first. So for example when I was getting washed I would fill the sink and then add one capful of the product. Which is kind of a great way to get your moneys worth. But, the most unique thing about this product is that after you wash yourself with it, you don't actually need to wash it off. Instead you just pat yourself dry and ta da! your all squeaky clean!
A unique idea that actually does take some getting used to, but after a while you find is quite pleasant and a great time saver!

I have actually tried and tested this product on both my face and my body, and to be honest I actually really liked it for my morning face cleanser, I would just dunk a few cotton pads into my diluted mixture in the sink and swipe it over my face. It left my skin feeling tight, but in a clean, not uncomfortable way. My skin showed no signs of irritation or redness or, more importantly for me... any itching! However, as I had been warned before hand I did suffer with some breakouts, as the natural ingredients were removing all the dirt from skin. which isn't exactly pleasant, But in the long run far better for my skin. I was left with smooth feeling skin that had a lovely slightly strong herbal scent. Which I actually really loved.

However, I did run into some issues when I used the cleansing wash on my actual body, Which bare in mind has some open wounds and a lot of scaring from bad eczema breakouts.

Although the product really is lovely, after a few times of showering using this product, it seemed as if the patches of eczema on my arms had become slightly irritated. For which reason I couldn't really explain because of the product being so natural and free from harsh chemicals. In the end the only reason I could come up with perhaps my skin doesn't really like lavender oil? I'm still unsure as to why I suffered some skin irritation, However I will continue to use the rest of the product as a facial cleanser.

All in all a lovely product. It's just a shame that I experienced some skin irritation.

Botanica Beauty Natural Herbal Cream- 300ml tub for £19.99




This next product, was one of my absolute favourites, The herbal cream. Once again another paraben free, sulphate free, harsh chemical free product. That can be used on both your face and your body.
The product contains only five ingredients. Moisturising base cream, Aloe vera, tea tree oil, oil of lavender and lastly comfrey oil.

On first use of this product I was immediately reminded of something I had used before due to the scent. After racking my brain I finally realised that this cream smells exactly like the popular and widely used Dream Cream from lush, Which I myself have actually used to treat eczema in the past. However, Even Lush's infamous Dream cream contains parabens and has a long list of ingredients compared to this product.



The actual cream itself is a lovely consistency as it isn't super thick and heavy, but it also isn't too light of a cream that you can't really feel any difference. The product is fast absorbing when applied and doesn't leave a horrible tacky feeling, which actually can make my eczema itch even more.

I applied this cream to my usual eczema prone areas, and within a few moments of apply I actually began to feel a lovely cooling sensation, and some relief from the itching, which in my books is a total win and just what I want in a product.

Once the cream was absorbed into my skin, I wasn't left feeling super amazingly baby dolphin soft, but I definitely felt a difference in how soft my skin felt compared to before the cream application.

However, given the fact this product provided relief from my itching skin, I couldn't really care If I was left feeling super soft or not. I was just so impressed that a natural organic product would provide my skin with relief  instead of being harsh and irritating it more.

I would definitely continue to use this product and would certainly reach for it over Lush Dream cream, due to how natural and organic the product is.

I would also recommend this product for people who have young children and babies, As I can
imagine that It would be a great non harmful, natural way to combat the irritation from nappy rash.



All in all I was totally impressed with the Botanica Beauty range and will definitely enjoying using up the products that I currently own, from this great brand!

If you yourself are interested in the brand, Feel free to check out there website at www.botanica.ie
Or check out there social media accounts at Twitter- @BotanicaBeauty


Thanks for reading and I hope you all enjoyed my review of Botanica Beauty products for my eczema prone skin!

Shawtandsimple xo




























SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig