Friday 29 May 2020

Reviewing Revolution Skincare

After absolute years of continuously purchasing and reviewing various products from Makeup Revolution, I decided it was about damn time that I finally put some of their skincare products to the test.

The first skincare item that I purchased was the lightweight gel face cream! 





*quick disclaimer for my fellow allergy sufferers: This face cream does contain nut seed butter as an ingredient so please keep that in mind.*

Now if you've read some previous posts, you'll already know I have very sensitive skin that doesn't particularly like heavy duty skincare products.

Which to put a long and rather boring story short, was the main reason for this gel cream being the seemingly perfect purchase for me.

The face cream costs around the eight quid mark for a 50ml pot.

Packaging wise? I was actually super happy. The product comes in a heavy, good quality feeling pot, which I know doesn't exactly matter when it comes to skincare, but it's a nice additional bonus.

As for the product itself, I did initially really enjoy using this cream.  (I'll explain more later.)

I personally thought that the claims about the product were extremely accurate.

It had a lovely lightweight gel texture, that felt cooling and was super easily absorbed when I applied it to my skin.

I also thought my skin looked quite plump and hydrated while I was using this product.

And before I get into the negatives, I do think it's important to note that I didn't experience any issues with breakouts, or itching, throughout the duration of using this product.

However, and yes I am upset to say this, because I was really enjoying this product. I did start to experience that weird thing my skin does, where it reacts to a new skincare item, by going super red and almost having like burn marks on it. If that makes any sense at all.

I also found my skin started to feel slightly tight and irritated too.

So, as much as I was enjoying the cream originally, I decided it was probably for the best that I discontinued using it.

I know it's not the most ideal situation when you're reviewing a new skincare product, but It's important to mention things like this for all my super sensitive skinned people out there.

The next few items I decided to test out from the Revolution skincare line, were actually face masks!

The first one being the Honey and Oatmeal Nourish and Glow Mask.



Now, something you should probably know. Is that when it comes to skincare products, one of my absolute favourite ingredients, is oats.

To give a bit more context to that...  In my years of battling super sensitive skin, I've discovered that oats are actually a really great natural way of soothing and calming the skin. 

I also found using oat milk to be a super helpful aid when it came to managing my eczema a good few years ago.

This mask costs around 8 quid for a 50ml tub and has ingredients such as hyaluronic acid, aloe vera and obviously oats and honey.

I'm also going to mention that this mask has been so well loved, thus far. That I've actually had arguments with various family members for casually stealing it from me. (The joy of sisters...)

I do think this is a super lovely product though. Especially for such an affordable price.

The mask has a slight scent to it (It sadly does contain fragrance.) but the smell isn't anything too offensive or strong.

And although, I felt a slight warming sensation on my skin when I first applied the mask. I was left pleasantly surprised to find that my skin didn't look or feel irritated, upon removal.

My skin was also left feeling super soft, and had a nice glow to it the next day.

I also (thankfully) didn't experience any new breakouts, or allergic reactions. Hooray! (you'd be surprised how often this happens to me..)

And obviously, having had such a positive experience when using the first face mask, it was a clear sign that I just had to purchase another one to test out...

This time I chose a face mask from the Jake-Jamie line.

Remember what I previously mentioned about my love of oats in skincare products...

...Have you figured out which mask I chose to purchase yet?

The Cocoa and Oat moisturizing mask. Surprise!!



Once again this mask costs around 8 quid for a 50ml tub. Containing ingredients such as Kaolin clay, cocoa seed butter and the all important oat kernel.

The difference with this mask compared to the last, is that this one is actually clay. So it does dry down on the skin, and requires a bit more work to wash off.

However, there isn't really much difference in the quality of the product or how much I enjoyed it compared to the other face mask.

Truthfully, the most difficult thing about using this one, is trying to resist the urge to eat it... It smells absolutely incredible!

So, if you love chocolate as much as I do and you somehow catch a whiff off this mask, you'll totally understand why this was an issue for me.

Again, I experienced no issues with irritation or redness after using this product. (thankfully)

That being said, I did find that I had a few tiny pimples after using the mask. Which, I'm assuming is down to the fact that it contains kaolin clay. which is known to be naturally detoxifying for the skin. So, nothing too surprising there.

Honestly? I'm totally impressed with the face masks that I've tested from Revolutions skincare line.

They do what they claim, and come at an affordable price.

So, if you've been considering trying out one of these face masks, I would highly recommend grabbing yourself one!

The final product that I decided to test out from Revolution Skincare line is actually a toner.

I give you the Cica Tonic!



Costing around ten pounds, for a 200ml bottle. Which contains ingredients such as witch hazel, aloe leaf juice and green tea extract.

And, okay. I will admit this purchase was a total spur off the moment thing. I just happened to see it on offer in Superdrug. (so, of course I couldn't resist.)

I also figured a calming toner, when I have such sensitive and red skin, probably wasn't the worst decision I could make in terms of skincare.

Once again, this product is unfortunately fragranced.

Although, I do find it to be a nice light, fresh scent, that doesn't linger too long.

I've been using this tonic, on a daily basis for the last few weeks, and not to sound too cocky or anything, but I've actually received quite a few compliments on how nice my skin has been looking. Obviously from family members. (*cries in lockdown*)

I've also found that the product has been super helpful in soothing some of the redness/irritation on my face. Although, I would say for me personally, The biggest difference has  been how healthy and glowing my skin has looked after  using this product.

I've experience no issues with itching, irritation, or breakouts. And I do feel like my skin has felt a lot softer from I started using the toner.

Truth be told, this product has surprisingly became one off my favourite steps in my skincare routine, just because I know the results are so evident.

So, if you're considering trying out this product, I would say it's definitely worth while.


All in all, I'm super happy to say that with the exception of the face cream. The Majority of the products that I have tested from Revolution Skincare, so far, have been absolutely fantastic!

They have a huge line of skincare items, from face masks, to night serums, to cbd creams. You name it, they have it.

So, if you've seen a  product in the range, that is ideal for your skin type and you've been in two minds whether to try it for yourself or not. I really think that you should!

I've been so impressed with my overall experience while using these skincare products, and will happily be purchasing more from this brand in the future. (Spoiler Alert: I've already bought a face mist...)



Hope you enjoyed reading!
ShawtandSimple! xo




























SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig