Monday 1 June 2020

May Favourites 2020!

We all know that this year so far has been, to put it oh so politely... Absolute crap!

Another month has come and gone, and I've only just realized that I haven't actually shared a single monthly favourites for the entire duration of the year 2020 thus far.

So, without further ado... Let's get into it!




The first item on my list of monthly favourites is surprisingly a CBD product.

For those of you who don't know, not only do I suffer with the oh so joyous anxiety, I also live with chronic pelvic pain.

And without being too presumptuous. I think it's fair to say, that there comes a point in all chronic pain sufferers lives where you would pretty much try any product, or medication, if you thought it provided some relief.

So, having previously tried various CBD products over the years, I figured I would give it one last go, with one of my favourite online companies called BEYou Period. 



I decided to order the 300mg oral drop bottle of CBD. Where you receive 30ml off product for around the 18 pounds mark. (which compared to other brands, is a super affordable option.)

You actually take this product by squeezing a full pipette underneath your tongue, and holding it there for around 90 seconds before you swallow. This supposedly helps the CBD absorb into your system better.

And after trialing this product for pretty much the majority of the month, I realized, I've actually been pretty happy with the results.

Some days it helps manage my pain. (particularly in my lower back) Other days, I've found it to be beneficial in simply helping me relax, which sometimes, even helps me sleep better.

And considering it costs under 20 pounds. I will happily take that any day, over a handful off my usual medications.

The second favourite of the month is actually a book.

This particular book is the newest release in the Hunger Games Series called The Ballad Of Songbirds and Snakes, By Suzanna Collins.



Obviously, I'm not a total moron, and as someone who adores reading, I flat out refuse to discuss any possible spoilers about this book.

I will however, summarize by saying that It's basically the story of President Snow. Pre- president days.

Now, I will admit that I'm currently in the middle of reading this book, Yet I can already tell it's going to be amazing. So I'm totally gonna jump the gun and throw it in here, via honorable mention in the monthly favourites.

The next item is actually a hair care product from John Frieda.

Having recently made the decision to stop treating my hair so terribly, and maybe show it a bit of love, instead of a box of bleach. I began my hunt for a really nice leave in hair treatment.

Which is when I discovered the frizz ease weightless wonder smoothing creme from John Frieda. (shout out to Nadine Baggott on youtube for mentioning this in one of her videos.)



This product costs around 7 quid for a 100ml tube and has been a literal god send.

And with me being someone who has not only dyed her hair to literal death over the course off her short lifetime, but someone who also gets to experience the added fun of having naturally wavy/ frizzy hair. It meant, that I really needed a product like this to help me out.

And seeing as it's made it into the monthly favourites. It clearly does what it says on the tin.

This hair product has done a really great job over the last month of helping to tame my frizzy hair, making it feel nice and soft, without being a greasy or overly heavy product.

It's done a fantastic job of keeping my hair silky soft and smooth, without weighing it down ,or leaving that horrible residue, that heavier hair products can sometimes cause.

So, for all my fine haired folks out there, who are looking to find a similar product. Feel free to check out the weightless wonder range from John Frieda.

And while we're on the subject off hair care. There is actually another product that I've been loving over the last month from Bleach London.



It's called the Smokey Shampoo, and it's been a really great alternative product, in maintaining my blonde ombre hair. Meaning that I haven't had to use the typical silver shampoos available on the market.

This shampoo, is obviously aimed to tone and colour correct hair. The difference with this though, is that it's a lot more grey toned than your standard silver/purple shampoo. Meaning, that when I use it on my darker blonde hair, it really helps pack a punch, and neutralize any orangey- yellow tones.

I've also found that when I leave this product on the lighter blonde parts of my hair for longer periods off time, it tones it to an almost silver colour. Which is super fun to play around with.

So, for anyone who is interested in trying this shampoo, I managed to find it in my local Superdrug for around the 6 quid mark for a 250ml bottle.

The next favourite of mine has actually been a tinted lipbalm from Barry M cosmetics.

They recently launched a new line of Wild products, where a small percentage from each purchase is donated to a charity that helpes preserve wildlife.

The range includes three tinted lip balms, two eye shadow palettes, and a few gel nail polishes.

And seeing as the summer months are upon us, and I can't really be bothered battling through the heat with a full face of makeup on, I naturally picked up one of the tinted lipbalms.



I grabbed myself the shade called Untamed Red for five quid, and have been totally chuffed with my purchase.

Surprisingly, the lip balm is super pigmented, meaning that the colour pay off is fantastic.

I also found, that the "balm" wasn't overly greasy or shiny, which helped improve the lasting power of the product once it was applied to my lips.

Meaning that for the last few weeks, my everyday makeup look has pretty much consisted of running a quick slick of clear mascara through my brows, and then applying this tinted balm. Making for a super quick, everyday pick me up look.

All in All I've been really enjoying using this product, and will most likely end up grabbing another shade in the range, further down the line.


The Final product that I'll mention and have been loving, is a skincare item.

This product is called the Cica Tonic, and is from Makeup Revolutions skincare line.



And If you've recently read my review on this product, then you'll already know that I've totally fallen in love with it.

I've been applying this product, mostly at night after removing my makeup, to ensure that my skin is actually squeaky clean and, as the month has went on, I've noticed that my skins began to look more healthy and glowing, than it previously did.

Now, the tonic does claim to be calming for the skin, which I would previously agree with, as it did definitely help manage some redness on my face to begin with, but then I stupidly went and got badly sunburned, so I can't totally guarantee that particular benefit. (I currently look like a lobster.)

The tonic costs around the ten pound mark, which I know can be a tad out of budget, for some individuals. That being said, if you're ever interested in trying out this product, and happen to have the extra money to treat yourself, I would suggest giving it a try.

It's been a really great purchase, and has turned into a real necessary step in my daily skincare routine.



And at the risk of continuing to ramble on about more beauty products, I think I'll end my monthly favourites here.

So, I hope you enjoyed reading, and feel free to comment below and let me know what some of your favourite things over the past month have been!


Shawtandsimple! Xo


















SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig