Wednesday 2 January 2019

Juvia's Place: Dupe Or Don't?

For anyone who doesn't know, I recently celebrated a birthday!

And not to sound terrible or anything, but who doesn't love receiving a nice gift!?

One off my favourite presents from this year, was actually a really gorgeous eye-shadow palette from Makeup Revolution. That was actually a collaboration with one off my favourite youtubers... Sophdoesnails!







The palette comes with 24 eyeshadows, that are pretty much every single colour you could ever need, to create a huge range off fun or even neutral makeup looks!

The palette contains 14 matte eyeshadows. Including transitional shades and the all important matte black! It also comes with ten really gorgeous shimmer shades!





Now for those of you who don't read every single post that I put on my blog, first off all... why the heck not!? I'm funny!

Secondly, you should probably know, that I recently purchased a more higher end makeup palette from Juvia's place, called The Nubian 2.




And as someone who really be out here, loving her eye shadow palettes, it suddenly dawned on me. There were actually quite a few similiar shades in both off the palettes I recently added to my collection.




And yes, for obvious reasons, such as price, there are certain differences between the two products. For example, the pan size off each shadow is definitely smaller in the drugstore option.

However, the similarities between the two palettes are super obvious!

I mean, I'm pretty sure I can almost match every shade in the Nubian 2, with a shade in the SophX palette! With the exception, off one matte purple shadow.

Enter...swatches pictures! (The Left swatch is from Sophx and the right swatch is from Nubian)







And the thing is, that both palettes have such a lovely texture, and really great pigmentation!





I will however, note that when I was doing the swatches for both off the palettes, The Sophx palette, definitely had a more grittier feel to it, compared to the extremely creamy and smooth feel of the Juvias place palette.

And as you'll have noticed from the above swatch photos. Not every colour in the palette, is a total dead on dupe. However, I thought that there were enough shades similiar, that I would still continue to consider this product as a possible dupe!

I mean, there really isn't much difference between the two products!

Which despite how badly I've wanted to own the Nubian 2 Palette, I am kinda mad I didn't realize the similarities before I spent more money.





So, 100% if you're in a position where you can't afford a £30.00 makeup palette, then definitely get your hands on this one from the Sophx collection with Makeup Revolution. Even if Isn't because it's a dupe. I just find that it's an all round nice palette to have as part off  your collection!



And feel free to comment below with your thoughts on whether or not you would consider this product as a dupe! 


Shawtandsimple! Xo








SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig