Thursday 27 December 2018

Beauty Bay Sales!

For anyone who hasn't been online shopping recently... what on earth are you doing!? You missed all the Black Friday Sales!! (And now the boxing day sales, but anyway...)

Either way I managed to grab myself a few good bargains during the Black Friday sales. On one of my favourite beauty websites... Beauty Bay!!







Yes to! Carrots Scalp Relief Shampoo- £6.00!




So, yes, the first item that I got my hands on probably isn't the most exciting thing for a beauty haul. That being said, it's always worth while mentioning when a product is actually good!

The brand Yes To have became a favourite of mine these past few years.

Not only are their products free from a lot of nasty chemicals, but the brand itself is also super affordable for those of us with a smaller budget!

I've actually found this shampoo to be a really great product, that doesn't cause irritation to my sensitive scalp. Instead I'm being left with soft, clean hair, without the terrible itching and soreness that a lot of other brands would cause my scalp to feel!

And seeing as this product was purchased during the sales, I successfully managed to save myself around the £3.00 mark!

So! The next time you see this shampoo on offer, I would highly recommend grabbing yourself a bottle and trying it out!


Mario Badescue AHA Botanical Body Soap- £8.00!


I know, another product this isn't terribly exciting. But as someone who has only ever known of this brand for their face mists (Which I actually really liked) I couldn't help but try out their body wash.




According to the packaging, this particular body wash is aimed more towards people who suffer from breakouts or acne on their chest and backs. Which means that naturally, this product will contain ingredients aimed more towards that skin type! 

The body wash contains things such as papaya and grapefruit extracts to exfoliate the body
and oat proteins to help soothe sensitive skin.

I'll be honest. This product smells sooo good! And it does lather really well in the shower. But personally? It was just way too harsh for my poor skin, and I'm currently dealing with a bad eczema occurrence as a result of using this. Which is a shame...

...However, I can totally see this product being benefical for someone with skin that isn't as sensitive as mine. So it really is up to yourselves if you'd be willing to try out this body wash!

And seeing as I grabbed this product in the sale, it was closer to the five pound mark, than it's usual price tag off £8.00!


Jeffree Star Cosmetics- Liquid Lipstick- £16.00!




I know that a lot of people find the whole Jeffree Star thing a kind of controversial topic.

And despite that, I decided to purchase and test out one off his liquid lipsticks from a previous Holiday Collection. Of course, I was instantly impressed with the product...

...And here I am two years on buying another one...

I was actually planning to get my hands on some off this years Holiday Collection. But Instead, I decided that I was probably better off purchasing a colour that I would wear more often.

I actually ended up settling on a liquid lipstick shade called Birthday Suit. From the original Velour line!

The shade is pretty much my perfect everyday Rose-Nude Lip colour!





And after testing this liquid lip a good few times now, I can confirm that I really do love this product!

Is it a beautiful colour? Absolutely! 

Does the Formula last really well on the lips? Most Definetly! (I even had to remove swatches with a whole bunch of oily cleansers... The other cleansers wouldn't work!)

Am I left with a super pigmented and even coverage lip colour? Heck yeah!

I think the only issue I've had with this product, is that it can feel quite uncomfortable to wear, which Is a real shame...

.... And when I say that, I don't mean that you're aware of the product being on the lips, because often I'm not. I just find the lippy to be more drying on my lips, than other formulas that I've tried.

I actually think it's something to do with how long lasting the formula is, that could make it more drying..

And, even with that being said, I do still really love this product! From the pretty pink packaging, to the full coverage nude colour... I can't complain too much! 

And as I grabbed this during the Black Friday sales, I only paid £11.00 instead off the usual £16.00!



Juvia's Place- The Nubian 2 Palette- £30.00!




And Finally! As you can see I've clearly saved the best purchase until the last!

I don't know about anyone else, but I feel like all I hear about these days are new eye-shadow palettes being released. Which 9 times out of 10 I can't afford, or simply cannot justify spending such a crazy amount of money on!

So, when I seen this brand constantly popping up in various youtube videos. I was annoyed to find that I had instantly fell in love!

Fast forward close to a full year later... Beautybay decide to throw in Juvia's place palettes into a 50% off sale... 50%!!!!

And here we are!




I mostly settled on purchasing this palette, because I'm simply bored with the amount off warm toned neutral palettes available on the market, and I just felt like it was time to have something a bit more fun added to my palette collection! 

The palette comes with both mattes and shimmers. Which let me tell you, are so pigmented, it's amazing! I'm talking one, very gentle swish in the eyeshadow pan, and you have a full coverage, incredible looking swatch!

The shades are super soft and creamy to the touch. And despite being super pigmented, still manage to find a way of blending out easily on the eye!

I'm so glad that I managed to get my hands on this palette while it was on offer! And for anyone who is still looking for a great brand of eyeshadows to possibly invest in, I would highly recommend purchasing this one!

So, If you've some spare money from the holiday season, or just fancy treating yourself, I would suggest checking out the Beauty Bay Website! Especially when they're currently running up to 50% off on some of their beauty products!!

Happy Shopping!!

ShawtandSimple! xo


















SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig