Wednesday 31 October 2018

Beauty Bargains And Bits!

Yeah, yeah, we all already know I've a problem with buying beauty and skincare products..

So yes, shock, horror, I bought more!

Although this time, I very smartly decided to only purchase products that turned out to be super duper affordable!




So if you're absolutely skint, but love beauty products, then you're gonna love this one!!




1. No.7 Melting Gel Cleanser- Boots- £9.50

After many blog posts about my skin type or routine, you would think I'd learn to stick with the products that I know work for me. Alas, I did not...

... And after a few particularly bad stunts with some new cleansers, I figured I would go back to an oldy but a goody, which shockingly enough I don't believe I've wrote about before!




Incase you haven't worked it out, this product is one off those super lovely, "I feel so pampered." type of cleansers, that leaves my skin both clean, makeup free and soft! (Yes, you're welcome that I told you about it!)

The product applies to the face as a balm, and the more you massage and work it into the skin, it becomes an oil like consistency. Which I've found to be really great to break down and remove any makeup that I've been wearing! 

The product does contain a slight fragrance, which surprisingly enough, didn't irritiate my insanely sensitive skin. So it might be worth while testing out this cleanser! Especially when I share the price!

So! Let's just address the elephant in the umm... paragraph...because I know there's going to be some people who are having a heart attack at the £9.50 price tag, especially seeing as I branded this a "bargain haul."

Pretty much every time that you shop in boots, the staff usually (not always but often enough.) slip a No.7 Products voucher into the bag, along with your receipt!

What people don't realize, is that the actual voucher can save you up to a grand total of £5.00 off a No.7 Skincare item! Which meant I only had to pay £4.50 for a really great quality cleanser!!

My advice? The next time your in boots and get a voucher, make sure you use it!!



2. Easy Touch Nails- Home Bargains-£1.99


Personally, I love having a good shop around when it comes to beauty products, as more often than not, you find some really great deals..

...So Imagine how happy I was to find that Home Bargains were selling different styles off Elegant Touch False nails, for £1.99 each!!





I've currently used one packet off nails and immediately replaced them, by buying two more sets! You know, when you find a bargain, you have to stock up!

And let's Not forget to mention the fact, that elegant touch are a really great quality brand! Selling false nails that are long lasting and actually fit my small fingers!

The next time you're in your local Home Bargains outlet, make sure you check out their beauty aisle, because you might touch lucky and find yourself some Elegant Touch nails, for a super affordable price!



3. Olivia Hale- Berry Lipgloss- Home Bargains- 99p


Home Bargains are currently stocking a makeup range I've never seen before, called Olivia Hale!




And I know, big whoop, another makeup range in the world, when there's already a billion other brands all selling beauty products!

However, you might be slightly more tempted with this one, when I inform you that near enough all of the products they have available, only cost 99p!

They are literally selling everything! eye shadows, lippy's, blushers, even nail polishes!

So rather than going absolutely crazy and buying every single product they had available, I settled on grabbing a very simple, super seasonal berry coloured lip gloss!

And after using the lip-gloss once or twice now, I can say that I'm sorely tempted to test out even more products in the range...(Possible Blog post?) Because believe it or not, for the price, the product was actually pretty damn good!!

Not only was the gloss a really lovely, berry colour, but it was surprisingly pigmented and comfortable to wear on the lips! I'd honestly struggle to think off a reason not to grab at least a lip product from this range!

I personally thought this was a really great product, for an unbelievable price!!



4. Simple De-Stress Sheet Mask- Savers-£1.50!


If anyone reading this post follows me over on my instagram, you would already be well aware that I'm absolutely obsessed with doing face masks!

I usually use Superdrug's own masks that only cost a pound each. Of course that was until a few months ago when I first tried out this sheet mask from Simple!




I'm not going to bore you with all the unimportant details about how to apply a sheet mask, but let's just say, when it is applied properly, you'll look absolutely perfect for Halloween!

The deal is, you keep the mask on the skin for around 10-15 mins, gently peel it off, and whatever residue off the mask is left on the skin, you simply massage in!

I love this face mask, because it hasn't caused me to break out or irritated my skin. Although, If I'm being honest, the main reason, is that every single time I've used one off these sheet masks I've been complimented on how healthy and glowing my own skin looks the next morning!

Now I don't know about you, but if that isn't reason enough to stick to using a particular face mask, then I don't know what is!!

Jokes aside! It is a really lovely mask, and I love how soft and healthy my skin both looks and feels the next day! I actually kind of wish that Simple would release a version off this mask in a skin serum or something, because I do really love it that much!

As for the financial or "Bargain" side off things. I was actually pleasantly surprised to find this sheet mask was available in my local Savers for only £1.50  which is exactly half the price that I would usually pay for this product from Boots Or Superdrug!

If you're looking for a good affordable sheet mask, this one comes highly recommended from me!



And that's a wrap!!


So, I hope that if anyone can take something away from this particular post, Is that when it comes to bargain hunting, even for beauty products, It certainly helps to shop around!!

Shawtandsimple! xo


























SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Love your style of writing. Quick, simple to the point. Quite intrigued by that 99p lipstick, my experiences with cheap poundshop makeup are quite poor :) That cleanser also sounds divine x Laura / https://laustworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig