Wednesday 24 October 2018

Current Reads: October!!

Yes, I am a fully self pledged book worm!

I've actually written a similiar blog post a few months ago, were I discussed and reviewed, some off the newest book releases that I've particularly enjoyed reading!

And as I read through books in such a short period off time... I thought I would do a part 2 in what will probably become a current reads series! (I read far too many books!)

So, let's just get on with it!







The Surface Breaks- Lousie O'Neill- £8.99!


This book in particular, was outstanding compared to everything else that I've read recently, and was without a doubt, an instant favourite off mine!!




Not only is the front cover, beautifully designed, and eye-catching, but the actual story makes for a unique and extremely interesting read!

For those off you who don't know what this book is about, it's basically a modern twist and re-telling off the Hans Christian Anderson classic, The Little Mermaid!

However, what makes this book so interesting, is the fact that it's told from the perspective off a feminist!

Which was a really interesting and different type off read from my stereotypical books!

Of course, as the book is based on the Hans Christian Anderson version rather than the Disney classic, it does tend to be a bit more on the dark and twisty side off things, so keep that in mind if you're planning to grab this novel!

Honestly, even though the book is a bit on the heavier side, It has a really great way off making you think about things and understand the feminist perspective a bit more!

I absolutely adored this book and I'm so glad to have this as part off my collection!!


Her Name Was Rose- Claire Allan- £4.99





This book was once again, another incredible read! Especially for us Northern Irish folks! As the book was not only written by a Northern Irish Journalist, but was also based up in Londonderry!

Which as someone who has been there often, I  absolutely loved! As I actually knew and have visited some off the places that were being described throughout the story!

However, Our story begins with a character named Emily, witnessing the very sudden and traumatic death of a young mother called Rose. And for some reason Emily just can't let go off what she's witnessed... all the while, battling her very own personal demons, that linger from her past!

So, to minimize the risk off letting slip some spoilers! I think that's all the information that I'm allowing myself too say! Otherwise, I would be robbing you, of the experience off reading, such an intense and exciting book!

And if you're going to give this particular novel a go, make sure you've plenty off tea to drink, and a whole day free, because, if you're anything like me, you very well might struggle too put this one down!



A Stranger In The House- Shari Lapena- £4.99




I'm not sure if it's entirely obviously but, It would seem I've found myself really enjoying reading thriller books as off late!

And, despite the fact that this book is classed as a thriller, I felt like it was more off a murder mystery/Crime style novel!

The story begins with just one of our main characters waking up in a hospital bed, after a car crash... leaving her with pretty much, little to no recollection, off what happened, to even put her there in the first place! Oh! And did I forget to mention the tiny detail, of the body that was found at the site off the accident?!

This book, was fantastic!

With plenty off plot twists, complex characters and super intense moments, I found this book, both captured and held my attention, throughout the entire duration off reading!

So, if you're in the mood for reading something that will keep you on your toes, why not check out this one?!



One Thousand Stars And You- Isabelle Broom- £4.00




For anyone who hasn't noticed, yes... I have really gotten into reading some books that are more on the heavier side off things!

So, I'm sure some off you will be thankful to know that this particular book, is the good old classic, light hearted, romance genre!

The story involves our main character, Alice, A once upon a time risk taker, who now only day dreams about the things she really wants to do with her life. One last hurrah, with her two best friends on a travelling adventure, can't really change all that much... Until she meets someone who challenges everything she's forced herself to become!

So for anyone who is already rolling their eyes at the thought off yet another romance novel... don't fret... Yes the story is about romance, but it also has adventure, self discovery and embracing who you really are!

A book that's super enjoyable, easy to read, and comes with both high and low moments!




 What more can I say, other than Happy Reading!!!
shawtandsimple! Xo


















SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig