Thursday 6 September 2018

Testing: Botanical Labs!

I don't know how many more times I can repeat these words... I have unbelievably sensitive skin!!

There are so many skincare brands, both affordable and high end, that have caused my skin to have some really bad reactions and as the years have gone by, I've both experimented and been disappointed with various skincare ranges... 

After much searching, I'm finally settled with the small selection off skincare products that I use. As I know that changing them for a different brand, usually results in burn marks on my face, eczema flare ups and breakouts... I know, It sounds like a blast! Don't get too jealous! 

So, a certain shopping trip resulted in the random discovery off  a totally new, vegan and cruelty free skincare range in my local Superdrug store, going by the name of Botanical Lab...

From what I've gathered about the brand, their skincare range is mainly targeted towards breakout-prone skin. Selling things like cleansing masks, pore minimizers, face cleaners... etc! 

And After a good look at the ingredients, I actually decided to grab myself a few products that I would bravely test out!! You're welcome!

The first product I grabbed is called The Indian Clay, Non Foaming Cleanser!





The cleanser costs around £6.99 for 200ml of product and is both Vegan and Cruelty free!

The product ingredients contain things like Kaolin Clay, which is cleansing, Oat, which is really good for sensitive, dry skin, Salicylic acid, that helps control breakouts.. Etc Etc!

The cleanser doesn't contain any perfume.. but it has an almost herbal smell. Which I love, but others might not be so keen on, so you know, bare that in mind!



One of the main reasons I picked this product, was that it claims to be a non-foaming cleanser. Which for anyone who doesn't know, it's usually quite a common thing that foaming, or gel cleansers tend to dry out the skin. And as someone with sensitive and eczema prone skin, the last thing I need is a face wash that's even more drying..

And as for this one? So far I've been super impressed!! 

The cleanser comes in a pump bottle, which helps keep everything nice and sanitary, but it also means that you're fully aware off how much product you're using with each wash. On Average I use around two pumps!

The product is a thick and creamy texture, that doesn't foam up.Which in my experience has made for a very gentle, and skin softening cleanse.

I've found that this product definitely works better when you apply it on dry skin! And due to the fact that this cleanser is so gentle, I would also recommend removing your makeup beforehand, as I don't feel like this type of product would be able to do so, entirely on it's own!

This cleanser seems like it would be a perfect match, especially for those of us who have extremely sensitive skin. Despite the fact that the cleanser was gentle, I was still left feeling like my skin was clean, without that dry irritated feeling that I've experienced with other brands!

I experienced no negative reactions what- so- ever while I've been using this cleanser! No new breakouts, no eczema flare ups, no irritation or itching. If anything, I've felt like this product has actually helped to soothe my skin, and has kept irritation at bay!

I've felt super happy with this product, as the results are exactly what I look for in a cleanser! 

I love a cleanser that makes my skin feel squeaky clean, but not at the expense off my skins hydration! 

In fact, I was so happy with how well the first product actually agreed with my skin type, that I decided to go out and purchase another item from the same skincare brand!!


I picked up the Botanical Lab Turmeric Blemish Control Face Mask!!



This costs around the price of £6.99 for 100ml Jar!

And I know this obviously isn't the most important part off testing out new skincare, but I really love the packaging off this product!

The face mask comes in a very sweet little glass jar, that is similar to the appearance of a Jam or Honey jar. Which looks cute, but also makes it easy to store!

Once again, I was drawn to this face mask due to the fact that the ingredients included in the product, are all quite good things to help combat breakout prone skin. Some of which are similar to the face cleanser mentioned previously. However, one ingredient in particular sticks out in my mind... that being the Turmeric!!

For anyone who doesn't know, Turmeric, is a really well known ingredient, that's often used to help draw out impurities in the skin. Not only that, it's also known to be a really great anti-inflammatory. Which ideally would help to combat redness and irritation in the skin from breakouts!




One of the first things you'll notice with this product, is the very vibrant, yellowy-orange type colour and before anyone begins to panic, I can happily confirm that this face mask, doesn't stain the skin this colour... so don't fret!

The face mask is quite thick in texture, but I've found that a little does go a long way when using this product!

Of course, you all know the drill, you leave the face mask on for 10-15 minutes, or until the clay begins to dry... and then simply wash it off!!

Now you'll remember how sensitive my skin is, yes? Well, naturally I was nervous about testing out yet another new skincare product...

....Shockingly enough, the only problem I experienced was upon the initial application. I felt like my skin was starting to become irritated. So, I was fully prepared to wash the product off, for fear of the turmeric being too much for my skin type....

Of course, I'm super stubborn and really wanted to try out the mask anyway.. but after a few minutes of leaving the mask on my skin, the initial feeling off irritation quickly settled down and my skin felt absolutely fine!

Apart from that issue with the first application, I experienced no other problems with redness, irritation or even problems with drying out my skin!

I found that the mask was nice on my skin (once the initial heat/irritated feeling passes) and it didn't have an over-powering scent!

 It was also pretty damn easy to remove from my skin, without leaving it stained a weird yellow/ orange colour!

I've actually began using this mask on a more regular basis, and so far I'm pleased to find, that it does in fact help to draw out impurities in my skin!

I haven't had issues with the mask causing breakouts, but I've definitely noticed it helping to clear out my skin! Especially with blackheads! 

One off the really interesting things about this mask when it's on my skin, is it seems almost like the mask dries a sort of different colour, around the areas off breakouts! Which is a bit gross, but in that sort of fascinating way? Anyone else know what I mean!?

And although this mask, isn't the cheapest I've ever used from Superdrug (I usually buy the 99p ones..) I still feel like I would happily pay the £6.99 price mark for this product, as it really is benefiting my skin!

It's also good to note that despite the fact I've tested this mask a good few times now, the product isn't exactly running done, super quick! 

Which is great! I always love when products are good value for money!



So yeah! There you have it! Two brand new products in my skincare routine, that are actually working really great with my dry and sensitive skin! 

And for those off you who are interested in the range? Definitely check it out! As they do seem to have some really great products available!


Shawtandsimple! xo











SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig