Wednesday 27 June 2018

Testing OSMO!

Yes, Yes I've done it again...

For anyone who follows me on social media platforms, you would probably be aware that I have a somewhat "mild" addiction to changing my hair colour...

You name it, I've pretty much done it!  Red, purple, blue, pink...etc!

Of course, it's important to take care of your hair, and considering a recent stint with hormones, and a hair blonding kit, which resulted in an absolute disaster for what was left of my already damaged hair, at the beginning of the year. I  made the decision to settle on returning to my natural brunette roots, just to help my hair recover from all the damage I've done.

Which meant, lots of conditioning hair masks, less heat and annoyingly unstyled hair... you know all the stuff you do when you're helping your hair grow healthily?

Surprisingly!  My hair began to recover quicker than expected, and has actually grown out to a decent enough length. So, naturally, after all my hard work, I settled on returning to my favourite hair colour ever, Red!!






And for anyone who is interested in how I got my hair red, without bleaching it, I just applied, a Superdrugs own brand in a Mahogany Red shade, all throughout my hair. Which sadly has left me with vibrant roots, and mediocre red ends. (I pretty much washed the red back out within one shower. Not impressed with the dye at all!)

Anyway...

... I obviously, don't want to have to keep re-dying my hair constantly, as I'm glad to see it's actually looking longer, and starting to look healthier, at least compared to before. So instead, I settled on the idea of a red tinted shampoo or conditioner. You know, something that would help keep my hair vibrant without damaging it any further!



Enter this Product from OSMO! Called The Colour Revive Treatment!!

This product comes in an array of various colours. Including the shade I purchased, a bright pillar box red, a purple and even blonde shades!

 I eventually settled on purchasing the shade Purple Rouge, which is a very deep, burgundy red, and I felt that this colour would sit really well on top off  my already slightly redish, brown hair.

I actually discovered this product in Sally Beauty, and ended up paying an affordable price of £10.50 for a 225ml tub of this product!

Of course this was my first time ever purchasing this product, as in the past I've always maintained my red hair by using Superdrugs own wash in, wash out, mahogany red shampoo.

The difference with this product is that it isn't a hair dye, nor is it a toner, It's somewhere in between the two...

...This product claims to be a colour reviving hair conditioner, that is meant to be perfect for maintaining your colour between salon visits. Or If you're like me, just to keep your colour from fading too quick!

So, as per instructed, I washed and conditioned my hair as normal. Then lightly towel dried it, before applying this deep conditioning treatment, all over my head, and combing it through the lengths of my hair.




A word of warning, definitely follow the instructions, word for word. As I decided I would apply this product without using any gloves, and was left with beautifully stained, bright fushia hands... oops!




I was also slightly surprised to find that this product seemed to err, more on the pink side of red, rather than the orange based tones, that I'm quite familiar with. So, it was a bit of a shock to discover I had bright pink hands..

The thing about applying this product to your hair, is that the texture of the product is quite thick, and I did struggle to get it to spread throughout the lengths of my hair, but I'm assuming that's why you're advised to comb it through?


That being said, I've never experienced any problems with patchiness throughout my hair, while using this product. So I wouldn't worry too much!

... Now, the colour reviver, doesn't actually have a set length of time for you to leave the product on the hair, It just says anywhere from 3-10 minutes, depending on how vibrant you want it.

So, you would think that this being my first time testing the product, I would leave it on a short while to see how it would turn out? right? WRONG!

 I left it on for the full 10 minutes, as I wanted to see just how vibrant my hair could go!


(Please Excuse, the 3 day old unwashed hair, and patchy dye job!! This is the before shot!!)


Once the 10 minutes was up, I began to wash the product back out, just using water, no shampoo!

 I will warn you, washing this product out, was not the prettiest sight in the world! My bathroom looked like an absolute mess, as bright pink water ran from my hair, all over the shower and all over my hair drying towel!

 So, just make sure you're prepared for the carnage when washing it back out!

Then I just dried my hair and styled it as normal...


(And this is the After Shot, where I left the product on for a full ten minutes!)

...And My hair was left a super vibrant colour, Red/Pinky shade that I was genuinely super happy with!

I was left absolutely amazed, at just how beautiful the colour had turned out after one use!!

And the fact that my hair was still in really great condition, feeling soft instead of a total dry mess, was just an added bonus!

I really am super happy with this product, and feel like it's been a perfect match for lazy old me, who doesn't want too much fuss, maintaining my hair colour!

A word of warning though, be prepared for a very pink bathroom after washing your hair!


All In All, I was really quite happy with this product, and have been pleased to find that it's actually helped to maintain my hair a nice burgundy red, for almost three weeks!!

It's also really great as you can top up the colour as many times as you want!

At the minute I vary between once and twice a week and I've been left super pleased with the results every single time! Especially when you consider that the products being applied to dark hair!

A great result, for a not too steep price!!



So I hope you enjoyed a rather long winded review, on a products that's pretty damn good at maintaining hair colour!

Shawtandsimple xo!!














SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig