Tuesday 5 June 2018

My Current Reads!

For anyone who doesn't know me very well... I am a huge bookworm!

And quite recently, I've been lucky enough to find that some of my favourite authors have released newer books. So of course, I had to pick them up!






1. JoJo Moyes- Still Me


This book has got to be one of my absolute favourites!





So for anyone who doesn't know. This book is actually part of the Me Before You Series, and if you haven't a clue what I'm talking about, then I would suggest that you pick up the other two books and give them a read first! (The movie is also on netflix, I highly recommend watching it.)

I'll try not give away too much spoilers...

...Basically our favourite, and lovable main character Louisa Clark, continues on with her journey off self discovery, after the infamous, Will Trainor, turned her entire life around in the previous books.

Now she's off on a brand new adventure. With a new Job, new characters, and the same old silly Louisa!

This book was a fantastic read! Having moments that made me giggle, moments that made me sad, and just all round relate to trying something new in life, and seeing where you end up!

I would highly recommend this book, especially if you're looking something light hearted, and easy to read.


2. Cecelia Ahern- Perfect


This book, was A-MAZ-ING!




Perfect, is actually the second and as far as I'm aware, final book in the Flawless series. (Once again, I would suggest you give Flawless a read first, or you won't have a clue what I'm talking about.)

Like I've previously mentioned, this book is actually the second half of the Flawless story, that came out a few years ago.

This story is without a doubt a action, adventure style book. Filled with lots of exciting and tense moments. And if you're like myself and get too invested in the story, I wouldn't read this before bed...

A tale of a whole new system, where the government now deem and brand people as Flawed!

 It's all about keeping things in order, following the rules, and not asking questions...

...Of course with all these sorts of stories, there are always cracks in the system.

I definitely got similar vibes reading this, as I did when I read The Hunger Games Series. So if you're a fan of those books, then this might be a really good read for you.

I loved reading this book, but as I've mentioned, It's a tense one, so prepare yourself!


3.Carole Matthews- Million Love Songs


You'll be pleased to know, that this book is the first one that I would recommend you to read, that isn't a part of a book series.


I actually found this book, on a particularly impulsive shopping trip in Asda. I say impulsive.. (I was buying cake.)

Anyway!




The story of a Million Love songs, is of course, romance. As in Bridget Jones style, romantic...

...The main character, Ruby, has recently separated from her scum bag of a husband, and decides to go on your typical journey, of single life, and self discovery. Until she meets two new men in her life, that couldn't be more different.

 A really great, lighthearted, girly book. That's filled with lots of hilarious moments, and emotional disasters, that I think lots off us ladies can relate too!

Highly recommend this one, for all of my fellow Bridget Jones Fans out there!


4. Gail Honeyman- Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine


Now this book, is a bit of an unusual read for me. Encase you haven't been able to tell, I'm a huge fan, of fun, girly books that make me laugh..




I found with the story of Eleanor Oliphant, it was slightly on the heavier, more dramtic side, and as a disclaimer, if you're having some mental health issues, then maybe give this one a miss.

A story about a young girl, who's stuck in her ways, living life, and going through the motions, as many people do, Of course there's always more to a person than what others just assume. You never really know what's going on behind closed doors...

... A story about being brave, courageous, and seeing both the good and bad in people, and how different things could be, if we were all just a bit kinder.

Of course, this book isn't all doom and gloom. Filled with lighthearted moments of finding true friendships, and showing some consideration for others.

A really good read, that makes you think and reflect!







I have a few other books, that are currently in the pipeline for reading, so stay tuned for a possible part 2!

And if you yourself have any books that our worth reading, why not let me know? I'm always happy to get new recommendations!

Happy Reading!

ShawtandSimple xo














SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Enjoyed your post! And I often stumble upon books on cake runs too. I don't know which I love the most. lol The "Million Love Songs" sounds like something I will add to my collection.

    ReplyDelete

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig