Friday 2 February 2018

Lush Haul!

So, years ago, when I first started blogging, I suffered with some serious, like, extremely painful eczema. My skin was super sensitive and would become irritated by near enough every single product I would use. This led me on a long and extremely boring journey, where I constantly had to try new products and hope for the best.

Then I found Lush...

I instantly fell in love with a handful of products that seemed to be super soothing and calming on my painful and irritated skin. However, after a long time of using these products, I ended up suffering with weird random allergic reactions, which as a result of,  I  had to stop using my precious Lush products. I soon found the cause of these severe reactions and was quick to stop the root of the problem. (yes, it was the contraceptive pill. Nobody talks about it, but hormones can cause serious skin irritations!)

And here I am! almost two years later, and after a very nerve racking trip into Lush, I have found myself falling back in love with all of the products that I once loved. Some are brand new to me, Some are old favourites, but the best part is that I haven't suffered with a single allergic reaction!

You can imagine How over the moon I am about this, because... LUSH! I mean how can you not love all them beautiful colours and smells! 

Time to Begin The Haul!!


1. 9 to 5 Face Cleanser- £5.25 for 95g






So, this is the first product and  I just had to purchase It! It's the 9 to 5 cleanser! 

This product was one of my old school favourites. I used this product way back when I first discovered Lush and was totally obsessed with it. I even went through numerous large bottles of this product.

So of course! It seemed only right, now that I'm beginning my Lush journey once again, that I picked myself up a bottle of this facial cleanser, that I used to love, oh so much!

And honestly? Nothing has changed. Thankfully!

It's still the exact same, gentle, soothing, creamy face cleanser that I remember loving, all those years ago!



I think one of the reasons I love this cleanser so much is because it contains one of my most favourite ingredients in the whole world! (you'll know this, if you've read older blog posts.) Sweet almond oil!

Basically, you squeeze out a tiny amount of product into the palm of your hands, and then gently massage it all over your face, then you simply remove the cleanser with a warm, damp face cloth.

It's quick and easy to use, perfect for any of you busy people out there, or if you're like myself, just too lazy for a full on facial skincare routine!

I am pretty sure you can use this product in lots of different ways, but the above method, is just how I prefer to use it. Although, it does say on the bottle, about using the product on cotton pads, almost the same way as how you would use a micellar water. 

I can't speak for how well this product removes makeup, as I use this product as my sole skincare cleanser and use either a micellar water or face wipes before hand, to remove any makeup, on days that I wear it.

But, what I can say, is that this product is really pleasant to use. It's really gentle on my skin. I haven't suffered with any bad skin reactions, my face is left feeling soft and smooth and I haven't experienced any breakouts. 

Although the product does contain perfume, I have found that the scent is really gentle, and not too overpowering!

This product was a favourite of mine for years and I'm so glad to have it back in my life!!

2. Eau Roma Toning Water- £4.95 100g




Ok, I love watching Lush haul videos and Lush review videos and this product is something that constantly pops up in those hauls. Everyone who seems to have sensitive or irritated skin constantly mention the Roma toning water and how calming it's been for their skin.

So, I have sensitive skin.. which means I have to buy this product. Duh! 

I decided against going totally mad and buying a huge bottle of this product. (Mature, responsible adult now!) so instead I settled for trying out the product, in a smaller bottle, before I totally commit to such a large amount of product.

This product, obviously comes in a spray bottle, and works really well as a face mist. 

Again, you can use this product like a micellar  water, where you apply the product to a cotton pad first and then cleanse the skin, but I just prefer the simplicity of misting my entire face, whenever the notion takes me.



This product, surprisingly enough doesn't really have very many ingredients, the gist of it, is pretty much lavender water and rose water? Both very calming and relaxing scents, and rose water is supposedly a natural toner for the skin, which makes sense when it comes to this product.

I've been using this product for around a week and yeah... I already love it!

One of the biggest changes in my skin that I've noticed is a huge difference in how soft my skin feels. Ever since I've been using this toner, I've had to use less of my usual face cream, and my skin hasn't suffered for it!

 I've also noticed that my face has been less red looking lately, but that might be because I've been doing my tan lots, so take from that what you will!

But for any of my sensitive dry skinned people out there, I would suggest picking up the small version of this product, it's not too expensive and in my opinion, it's well worth trying!

3. Tender Is The Night Massage Bar- £7.50

So, way back when my love of Lush products first began, I was obsessed with a product called Dream Cream. It's a body lotion specifically for itchy, dry skin. So it's great for people with eczema or if someone has just got a new tattoo, It's just really great all round. However, a tub of this product is now almost £14.00 which to me, is just a bit too much for a body cream.

The problem is that when I have a Lush bath, I just get really disappointed when I don't have some sort of lotion, or moisturizing product that smells just as good to use afterwards. 

Since I couldn't bare the thought of repurchasing the Dream Cream, I just thought it was a tad overpriced compared to other body creams that I love even more. (let me know if you want a blog post about those!)  
So rather than totally foregoing a Lush product, I decided to settle on a massage bar. 

 Now, if you have sensitive skin, I would highly recommend, doing some research on the products that you might like to try out, by using their online shop. 

This way you can get an idea of what your looking for in a product, and can easily check out if the product contains any ingredients that you may be allergic to. For example, my eczema prone skin, really dislikes any product that contains honey, or ginger, or cinnamon and there are actually quite a few of the massage bars that contain these ingredients.(they're supposed to be good stimulating ingredients for a massage.) So if you're like myself, be cautious!



So, of course I done my research, and thought that this massage bar was right up my street. It's a very sweet floral scented massage bar, that in the reviews was mentioned a lot for being extremely moisturizing. 

This product has a nice list of ingredients. Lots of  these are my favourite scents, such as Jasmine and vanilla and other good ingredients like shea butter to help soften the skin. 

 And for anyone who isn't sure how to use a massage bar, obviously you can have someone rub it on your body, yano ohh la la! But, if you're a strong independent woman like myself! You simply take the massage bar and move it around the body in circular motions, and the heat from your hands and skin melt the product, which leaves a love moisturizing balm on the skin. 



Now because this product melts when it comes into contact with heat, I would suggest storing this bar, in either a tin that you can also buy from Lush, or just do what I did and buy a small lunch box from the poundshop. (Told you I love bargains!) But also make sure, you keep your massage bar, away from direct sunlight, or heat. Otherwise you might just find a pile of grease next time you want to use it! 

I've only been using this massage bar the last few days, and surprise surprise! I love it! 

It does leave a film on the skin, but it's not a thick or uncomfortable texture. It just makes your skin feel really lovely and hydrated, but lets not forget the best part, It smells amazing!! 

4. Rose Jam Bubbleroon- £4.25




Yes, I know, Lush Rose Jam products are not for everyone. From what I've gathered, you either love it, or totally hate it!

And just incase you can't already tell, I seem to have fallen into the category that absolutely loves, this rich floral scent! 

Now, if you don't know what a bubble bar is, It's pretty simple. Rather than spending the same amount of money, on one single bath bomb. You can purchase this product, where you simply take a small piece of the bar, and crumble it up under a running tap, while filling your bath. Then you end up with a bath full of fun colours, smells and best of all, lots of bubbles!

I personally love this bubble bar, not only because I love the sweet floral scent, but it also looks like a super cute, sparkly, macaroon.  

This is my second time purchasing one of these in the last month, and I haven't gotten bored yet!

This bubble bar creates really lovely, pink, bubbly water that leaves the skin feeling super soft and moisturized due to the fact that it contains both cocoa and shea butter, so you can't really go wrong!

I've also found that with this particular bubble bar I can get 3 or 4 baths. So It is worth your money! Just make sure you definitely love the Rose Jam scent. So get into you local Lush store and get sniffing! 


5. Jason And The Argan Oil Shampoo Bar- £6.50


And my final Lush product that I purchased was a shampoo bar! Once again this was one of my old favourites,  from back in the day.



 I always remember, when I left this shampoo bar in my cupboard, and when I would be getting ready to go to work, everything I lifted out of that cupboard drawer would just smell like this shampoo! I loved it!

So, typical me, had to go and buy this shampoo bar, just purely for the nostalgia...

...Little did I know that this product is also a part of the rose jam family. I didn't even realize! I'll just assume I'm on a rose kick at the minute! 

If your not entirely sure how to use a shampoo bar, it's pretty basic. You simply hold the bar under water and massage your hands together. You'll begin to notice that the bar foams up in, then you use the product on your hands to just wash your hair as normal.

I've used a whole bunch of different shampoo bars from Lush. Each bar has a differet purpose or benefit for the hair. I just love this one because of the smell.

The product itself, foams up really easily and does a nice job at cleaning the hair.

One thing I've definitely found with this shampoo bar is that it foams up so easily. Meaning that the lasting power of this product is fantastic! So, although £6.50 seems like a lot of money. It really will last you a long time.


And there you have it! I finally had to force myself to stop buying even more Lush products!

I'm pretty sure there are plenty more products left for me to try!!

I hope you enjoyed this haul, and If you don't like Rose Jam products, then I can only apologize! haha!

Thanks for reading!

shawtandsimple! xo














SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig