Thursday 22 March 2018

The shadow stash!

Okay, so as I'm sure a lot of people are aware, especially if you follow my instagram. It would appear to some that I have a serious addiction when it comes to eye shadow palettes.


I remember the days when I wasn't really that fussed about eyeshadow, I used to be all about that eyeliner life, but slowly over the years, my eyeshadow palette collection has been ever growing.

However, it wasn't until a few days ago, when I had purchased, yet another palette! That It suddenly dawned on me! I've never shared  my eye shadow collection on my blog!

So, I would suggest getting yourself  a massive cup of tea and snuggling down, because this post, might just be a long one...


1.I Heart Makeup Golden Chocolate Bar palette- £8.99

For any of my fellow makeup lovers, I guarantee you have already heard of this makeup brand. Mostly because It's widely known for their own version/ makeup dupes of the brand Too Faced and their very own chocolate bar palettes. Except for the fact that these palettes are way more affordable..

Up until quite recently, these eye shadows palettes and this particular makeup brand, were a bit difficult to get a hold off. Although you could purchase them on websites such as TAM beauty and Superdrug, the palettes I wanted always seemed to be out of stock, and also no one really wants to pay a whole £3.99 for delivery!
So you can imagine my joy, when I recently popped into my local superdrug and discovered they had now added a full I heart makeup stand.

 The brand actually has a huge range of different coloured palettes, but after much deliberating, I settled on the Golden Bar palette.







Now, incase it isn't obvious, half of the joy of owning one of these palettes, is just how pretty the packaging is! Although the actual palette is a plastic material. The design on the front, of a melting chocolate bar, is really well done, and kind of catches your eye more when your being swarmed by tonnes of different eyeshadow palettes.



This palette contains 16 eyeshadows, most of which are shimmer or foiled, And the actual shadows themselves come in a range of warm toned shades. Golds, Burnt Oranges and Mauves, even throwing in some unexpected shades like a dark green and rich red colour. All of which can help create beautiful deep, smokey, eye looks.

The formula of the shadows is fantastic, especially considering the price!



The shadows are soft and buttery to the touch, and when swatched, they apply smoothly, evenly and are highly pigmented on the skin.

When I've used this palette, I've found the shades do apply really well, and they have just enough pigmentation that when they're blended, the shades don't completely disappear from your lid.

This particular palette, is very autumnal with its shade range, but is still really great for basic everyday eye looks.



 However, It's only downfall, at least for me, is the fact that it doesn't seem to have too many basic matte shades, that could make all the difference when it comes to this highly pigmented shimmer palette. So if you're like myself and appreciate a good matte eyeshadow, this one might not be for you!

...which leads us on to our next palette!

2. Barry M- Fall In Love Palette- £6.50

Now, when it comes to Makeup Brands, I have never really took much notice of Barry M products, I usually would only use their nail polish range. Which if you haven't tried out, I would highly recommend. Apart from that, I never really bothered...

...That was until this last year or so. Barry M cosmetics, is actually a really great company, providing cruelty free and vegan makeup products, while also continuing to have quite a few exciting product launches, that have yet to disappoint me when I purchased and tried them!




As this palette Is called the Fall In Love palette, I wasn't really that surprised when it launched back in Autumn. I originally seen pictures on instagram and instantly knew this was a palette I needed in my collection.



This palette comes with a selection of ten different, all matte shade eyeshadows. Which, I would highly recommend for someone who is just beginning to build up their eyeshadow collection.

I've found myself reaching for this palette on an almost daily basis. Especially, as it contains some of your everyday essential shadow shades, such as a highlighting shade, a transition shade and some darker shades that could easily be used for eyeliner. I've even used this palette to fill in my brows!

The thing that makes this ten times better than just a "must have." basics palette, is the fact that there are also some seriously fun and bright shades available, which allows you to use this palette for pretty much anything!

The palette itself, reminds me of a few of the Anastasia Beverly Hills eye shadow collections. In particular, The Modern Renaissance palette.

However, for such an affordable price and low budget brand, the formula of  the shadows, are pleasantly surprising!



The shadows  are very pigmented, and a little does go a long way. But, be warned, the shades can look slightly powdery when swatched with your finger and they do have some kick back in the actual pan.

Although, I've found that anytime I've used this palette, I haven't had any bother whatsoever. So try not to let the initial swatch put you off.  The shadows applied wonderfully to my eye lids, and surprisingly, blended easily and smoothly, without looking cakey or chalky!

The shadows also seemed to have minimal fallout, and lasted really well on my eyes.

I personally feel that this is a great, all round palette!


3.Too Face Cat Eyes Palette- £12.00

Ok, so a quick little update for anyone who doesn't follow my blog or instagram. Too Faced, Is 100% my makeup brand of choice. I love every product that I've tried, and I have to continually fight the urge to buy all of their new makeup launches.


On the other hand, if you've also followed my blog previously, you would have learned by now that I am, without a doubt, all about finding bargains.

In a previous post I mentioned this particular palette, as I found it for an absolute bargain price, last summer, in my local TK Maxx.

One of the reasons that I really love Too Faced products is because of their fun, girly packaging.. and this palette is no different!



This eye shadow palette comes in a magnetic closing, tin. Which as per usual feels good quaility but isn't anything super exciting. That is of course, until you realize the entire tin is leopard print! (I did say I love cute packaging!)



The palette itself contains nine eye shadow shades. I would say that three or four of these shades are matte and the rest are shimmer. Although, something slightly unusual with this palette, is that it specifically contains three shades that can be used both wet and dry.

I would also say that the colour scheme of this palette is unusual, especially when you compare it to other, more common, eye shadow palettes that are quite often, the typical warm toned or basic brown shadow shades.

 However, this particular palette helps to bring something totally new to the table! Yes, there are still a few neutral shades. But mostly? Your provided with fun and creative, more cool toned shades, like purples, pinks and blues. Which when used properly can actually makes for a really fun, edgy, makeup look!

I love that the whole theme of this product is to create fun rock n' roll style, cat eye looks!



The eye shadows themselves, are of course, a fantastic, smooth formula. The shades have a soft, buttery like texture, that provides a long lasting, highly pigmented, even coverage, eye look.

I've also found that when using this palette, I've barely had any problems. Even, when it comes to the usual issues like, fall out, or palette kick back!



This palette, is one that I have to include in my collection, for days that I'm feeling particularly fun, or edgy.

Although the shades provided in the palette, are fantastic for creating rock n' roll, smokey eyed looks, the palette also includes just the right amount of neutrals, allowing you the opportunity to use this palette for simple basic eye looks too.

And considering that I discovered this gem at such a great bargain, This is a palette I don't think I could cope without!


4. Too Faced Love Eyeshadow Collection- £15.00

Okay, so I feel like I pretty much explained how I feel about the brand Too Faced. I love the brand, I love the cute packaging...


But! you know what I Love more? When I find items from this brand for sale in my local TK Maxx!

This eye shadow palette, is the absolute star of my collection!



 Near enough, every single time I've used this palette, I receive tonnes of compliments on my makeup! Which is also part of the reason I love using it! (Don't judge me!)



This palette has fifteen eye shadow shades. These shadows come in three different, individual sections. Each section comes with it's own  unique colour scheme.

The first section, has mostly, gold and copper, warm tones.




 The second section is more mauves, and varying shades of purple.



... and the last section includes some beautiful, green and champagne shades.




This entire palette has a mixture of  shimmer, glitter and matte shades. Although, I would say without a doubt, there are definitely more shimmer/glitter shades.

I've used these shadows many times and each time I have been totally blown away with how amazingly pigmented these are. The shimmer shades are absolutely beautiful. They are highly pigmented, bold, smooth to the tough, and apply evenly and easily to the lid.

The glitter shades, are just as beautiful and are even more pigmented than the shimmer shades. However, I would be cautious when using these, as the joy with all glitter shades, the fall out! It can sometimes, be a bit of a disaster. Especially, if you've already applied all of your base makeup. Hello Glittery cheeks! So, definitely take care when using these particular shadows.

 As for the matte shades? If I'm being totally honest, you don't have too many in the palette. However what you do have, are really fantastic and definitely come in handy when you need a good transitional shade, or you  just need a hint of matte to add balance, in among all that shimmer and glam!



I've found that, with the exception of maybe two or three shades in this palette, that aren't that great, the majority of the shadows provided are absolutely incredible!!

Near enough ever shadow used, is so strongly pigmented, with a beautiful, soft and smooth texture, that makes applying to the lid, and blending, an absolute gift!

The shadows have really great lasting power, and somehow manage to remain vibrant and pigmented even after a long time of wearing them on the eye.

I also love the fact that Too Faced,  have totally kept the theme of the palette which is love. They've  included some seriously, gorgeous, romantic, deep shades, that can help to create a very simple everyday look, or go all out and create these amazing, rich, romantic eye looks!

Encase you haven't been able to tell, this palette, is 100% my absolute favourite. I feel like I would be at a total loss without it in my collection!



And CUT!

I mean, I did mention previously that this blog post might be slightly longer than usual. Although, if you've survived to the end, bravo! Especially once you find out that I actually didn't mention all of my palettes! Haha!

 These are just a few palettes, that are my ultimate favorites in my collection. You would also be correct in assuming that I pretty much call every eye shadow palette that I own my favourite...

Anyway! I hope you enjoyed reading about some of my makeup collection, and I hope I didn't encourage you to spend too much money!

Shawtandsimple!
xo
















SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I´m in need for new eyeshadow for this upcoming spring/summer season! Can´t wait to explore all the new colors and collections coming out this year. Your pictures look so great!
    xx Antonia
    https://antoniagsnr.com/

    ReplyDelete

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig