Tuesday 30 January 2018

New Skincare Favs!

Okay, so I think I might actually have a serious problem... I keep buying products!

A few months ago, I made a decision that I would only stick with products that I know would agree with my sensitive skin. I would be a mature adult who managed her money well, and stopped filling my bathroom with constant new bottles of products. However, I managed that for only a few short months (I think..) and then guess what? I got Bored!!



Which leads me onto my new and current favourite skincare products!

1. Vichy Aqualia Thermal Awakening Eye Balm- £15.00






Okay, so to put a long story short, I don't exactly have the best health these days. As in, lots of long painful and sleepless nights. Which means, tired and sometimes dark under eye circles. (I know such a blessing!) 

So, naturally I was in the market for a really great under eye cream and as it's a part of my skincare regimen that I've never really bothered with before, or even been that interested in. I decided it was time! 

I'll be totally honest when I say that the only reason I ended up purchasing this product was because LookFantastic had a really great black Friday sale on at the time. 

As far as I can remember I managed to get this product for quite a few pounds cheaper, rather than the usual, kind of expensive, but not totally unaffordable price of £15.00

For your money you get 15ml of product.



Now! about this whole awakening eye balm part... 

...I actually was rather surprised by this products consistency, especially since it was supposed to be an eye balm. Because of this I was expecting a sort of greasy, heavy, thick product. But in reality I ended up with a smooth, not too thick, non greasy, almost gel like formula!

I found that a little went a very long way when it came to this eye balm, which I've gotta say is a relief, especially when the product isn't exactly on the cheap side.



I was also super impressed to find that this product came in a lovely hygienic, pump dispenser bottle, which actually gave me a lot of control over how much product I want to use.

Ever since I've been using this balm, I have noticed a huge difference in my under eye area. I've found that my under eye's don't look just as puffy, and I have most definitely noticed a serious improvement when it comes to hydration.

Due to this product I no longer seem to have any problems with dry or sore skin around the eye. I've also found that this product sits really well underneath makeup, and has helped to provide a lovely smooth base, especially when it comes to concealer.

This product has quickly become a must have of mine and I would highly recommend it! Especially for someone who suffers with severe dry skin like myself!


2. Boots Tea Tree and Witch Hazel Charcoal Face Wash- £4.75




Ok, so if your a regular reader of my blog, It will come as absolutely no surprise to you that I seem to have a weird obsession with charcoal facial cleansers. (I especially love the Yes to Tomato Charcoal cleanser!)

The reason I love these products so much is that for some weird reason they just agree with my skin type. Yes, I have extremely dry skin, but I also have skin that breaks out when I try to use heavy duty treatments to combat the dry patches. So ordinarily I can't really win.

That was of course until I discovered charcoal products.

And yes, I do love a good bargain, so considering that the Yes to version of the product, is almost hitting the nine pound mark, imagine my joy at finding a similar product that agrees with my skin just as much, only for almost half of the price!

So, this particular facial cleanser comes in a very plain, hassle free squeeze tube, which means you can control just how much of this product you wish to use.




I've found that the texture of this cleanser was a bit more forgiving on dry skin than what I was expecting, because, of course, all these ingredients that the product claims to have, are usually aimed at more oily/acne prone skin. But, because the texture of this product is more creamy, rather than a foam, I find it suits my drier skin type just fine.

Just in case anyone isn't too sure on how to use this product, you simply squeeze a small amount onto the palm of your hand, and yes when you first see the product it does come out as a sort of gel like texture. But then you simply add a splash of water and begin to massage into the face, the product will become more cream like, and badda bing badda boom, wash off and jobs done!

I will say that this product isn't too strongly scented, but it definitely has that, refreshing tea tree scent and before you all start panicking, no this face wash, doesn't contain any perfumes, so my sensitive skinned friends can also give this one a go!

I find that this cleanser has done a really great job at keeping my skin clear, even when I'm having some bad breakouts. I've also found this product to be really helpful at bringing blackheads to the surface!

Honestly, I don't think you can really go wrong with this face wash, and even if your not a huge fan in the end, it isn't a total waste of money with such a great price tag!


3. Dr Organic Dead Sea Mineral Night Cream- £9.50


Okay! I'll be honest here, I know I said I had tried new products because of bordem, but the reality is, that I really do love all things from the Dr Organic range in Holland And Barrett. I have been using the Dr Organic Vitamin E face cream from early July 2017, and I only recently got fed up with it. (It really is one of the best face creams!)

I originally was looking into trying some skincare products from Lush. In particular the Full Of Grace serum bar. However, I felt a bit nervous at the possibility of trying a new brand, and how annoyed I'd be if it caused me to have really bad breakouts.

So instead of running into Lush and trying something new, I simply settled to go and grab myself another Vitamin E cream in Holland and Barrett, but once I actually got into the store I spotted a sales table, and of course me being the true bargain hunter that I am, I couldn't resist having a look!

And behold! one of my favorite bargains from the January sales!



... All nicely packaged up, was a gift set, of the Dr organic Dead Sea Mineral Day Cream AND! The Dr Organic Dead Sea Mineral Night Cream.

Both of the products separatly cost around the price mark of £9.50. However, this really great gift set only cost the grand price of £7.00

I know! Such a bargain!

Now, you'll notice that I've only mentioned the 50ml night cream in this favourites, and that's for no other reason, than the fact that my skin has been extremely dry lately, and has needed some serious TLC.

I've found that this product is a not too thick, night cream, that has a really lovely, natural and fresh scent!



And just like every other Dr organic product that I've tried this past year, a little goes a long way!

The cream really is fantastic when it comes to hydrating my skin, and doesn't leave my face feeling super heavy or tacky.

I've also found that this product hasn't caused my skin to have any bad allergic reactions, nor has it caused my skin to break out, which i'm super impressed with! Especially since this is the heavy duty night cream that I've tried using!

This product has quickly became a favourite of mine, and even though it is more on the pricier side of the Dr organic range, I wouldn't say no to repurchasing!


4. Vichy pore Purifying Clay Mask- £15.00



Yup! You guessed it! Another Vichy product, and incase you haven't already realized, this was another item that was purchased in the black Friday sales. Although I can't remember what the exact price point was, I guarantee that LookFantastic saved me another few coins!

When I bought this product, I actually wasn't really fussed about it, I had a bit of extra money and seen it in the sales. So I didn't do any research or read many reviews, meaning I didn't really know what to expect..

Then the product arrived...

First of all! The packaging? Looks amazing. It looks super sleek and elegant, coming in a lovely glass pot that has a mirror on the lid.

Secondly! The actual product itself? Well, it smells amazing!  It doesn't have a distinct scent, unlike the face wash I mentioned earlier which is just pure tea tree, but what I will say, is that the face mask doesn't have an overpowering or unpleasant scent in any way. Or at least not for me!



So, All I do, is take a small amount of this face mask, and apply it all over my skin, of course leaving out my eyes and mouth. (Let's not be silly here!)



And due to the recommendations on the packaging, I only leave the face mask on for roughly five or so minutes before I wash it off. Which is fantastic for any of you ladies on the go. It means you can have the worlds quickest pamper session!

Although, I don't really know what happens if you leave this mask on for longer than five minutes, so bare that in mind.

Once I wash the face mask off, my skin isn't left feeling sore or uncomfortable, but I can definitely feel the difference. My skin feels really clean and fresh!

I've also found that this face mask in particular has been really great for helping get rid of my bad breakouts, compared to my normal "cleansing" face mask that usually just give me spots!

I'm actually really disappointed with myself for falling in love with this face mask! I'm not going to have to constantly fork out £15.00 for this beauty. But honestly, I do love it that much.

This was without a doubt, one of my favourite purchases from all the new skincare products I've been trying out recently!



So, there you have it! Four brand new products in my skincare regimen, that I loved that much I felt like sharing with all you lovely people!

I hope you enjoyed reading, and I hope I haven't encouraged you to spend all your hard earned money too much on Vichy products!


Shawtandsimple!
xo









SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig