Friday 20 May 2016

The Battle of the palettes! Primark P.S Love Vs Tanya Burr Cosmetics!

Back in my younger days I was all about that layered mascara, heavy winged eyeliner look. However, now that I'm older, I'm all about that golden bronzed, rose-gold smoky eyed makeup look.

So, Keeping that In mind I recently purchased two brand new on the market eye shadow palettes. (Yes I am aware that both palettes have similar colours.)
I then decided, what the heck! why not do a comparison blog post?

So here it goes, I Give you, The battle of the eye shadow palettes! Dun Dun Duhh!!

1. Ps Love 9 shade eye shadow palette

This lovely little palette caught my eye while recently browsing through my local Primark's' makeup range. The packaging is a bit bland but for the bargain price of £2.50 for 9 eye shadows I figured it wouldn't really matter. Also keep in mind that the individual eye shadows in the palette don't have names.






As The name would suggest the palette comes with 9 eye shadow shades. The colours ranging from rosy pinks to golden bronze. All shades in the palette are shimmers. So if you love a good matte eye shadow this palette may not be for you.




After using this palette numerous times, I am completely in love. All shades apart from one white shade, are extremely pigmented, and have a lovely buttery texture when swatched. The shades are easy to blend and have minimal fall out.

This palette is a total win in my books and has became a regular In my everyday makeup bag. For the price only being £2.50 I would definitely call into my local primark and pick up this palette.


2. Tanya Burr cosmetics- Hollywood Eyeshadow Palette

I Recently purchased this eye shadow palette online for the very reasonable price of £6.00.

When this palette arrived in the post I was in total awe of it. It really is a stunning palette. The packaging is really girly and gives the product that expensive feel.




The palette contains 4 decently sized eye shadows. As I purchased the Golden Goddess palette, like
you would expect, the four eye shadow shades are all lovely golden bronze shades.
However, Unlike the primark eye shadow palette, the eye shadow shades in this palette are named.



After using this palette quite a few times, I can say that I was slightly disappointed with certain shades in the palette. In particular the shade Enchantment.

I found that it was rather difficult to swatch as it felt like the eye shadow had some sort of film over it which made it difficult to get decent pigmentation.
Also once applied to the eye, I found that I had to keep reapplying the shade to build up a visible colour. This particular shade also had quite a bit of fall out.

Other than the shade enchantment being a disappointment. I felt that this palette would be lovely to create a natural makeup look on a daily basis. The palette really had some gorgeous eye shadow shades and really was beautifully designed.






So, If I really had to make a decision between the two? I personally would purchase the P.S Love Primark 9 palette. Simply because Your getting more value for money, there's a wider shade range and the actual eye shadows are extremely pigmented. All for £2.50? You really just can't beat a bargain like that!
























SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Nice review! I would like to try Tanya Burr's palette someday since I am a big fan of her in YouTube. Anyway I also have my own blog and hope you get to check it out. Want to follow me? I'll follow you back. Thanks!
    http://poshmakeupnstuff.blogspot.com/2016/05/product-review-mufe-rouge-artist.html

    ReplyDelete

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig