Tuesday 9 February 2016

ECZEMA ESSENTIALS

As a lifetime long sufferer of eczema, you can guarantee I've pretty much tried every product on the market. Super hydrating, Itch relieving, Fast healing, Eczema friendly! But did any of these products actually do what they say on the bottle? In this blog post I share with you my top 5 essential products for the daily battle against eczema!

1. Oils

When I say oil, I'm not talking about WD40, I'm talking about the natural, organic, cold pressed oils. 





As I'm sure your well aware, coconut oil is a huge trend in the blogger world right now, everyone's using it! Although coconut oil is a fantastic way to put moisture back in your skin (and everything else!) There are plenty of other oils on the market that are just as good, if not better. For me personally? My skin saviour is organic, cold pressed, sweet almond oil. A lightweight oil, that I apply to my eczema areas straight after a warm shower. It's fast and easily absorbed and helps to ease that burning sensation on your skin after you just couldn't resist a scratch, while also re hydrating the skin.

The best part, It's an absolute bargain price of £3.99 for 100ml bottle at your local Holland and Barrett!


2. Cream Body Washes

When it comes to getting showers with eczema prone skin, I suggest avoiding foam, or gel body washes at all costs. Yeah, they're great if you love quick showers. However, In the long run? they just strip the moisture from your skin.


I personally, would recommend using dove cream body washes. They are so creamy and create a lovely moisturizing barrier on your skin that helps re hydrate eczema afflicted areas. I also forgot to mention, that they smell absolutely amazing! 


If you prefer a more natural alternative, I would really recommend trying the Yes To! blueberries ultra hydrating cream body wash. It's sulphate free, paraben free and petroleum free. It's also a bargain price! 

Buy dove cream body wash 500ml at your local Superdrug for just £4.38
Buy Yes To! blueberries nourishing body wash 280ml at www.feelunique.com for just £4.99

3.Sudocreme 

For years I listened to people telling me to use sudocreme on my eczema patches.



After much consideration, I decided to do a small test patch just to make sure it wouldn't end up irritating my eczema instead of helping. Straight away the itch in my skin was relieved and after regular use over a few days I began to notice that the cuts on my eczema areas were beginning to heal. However, be warned you will be left with some white colour on your skin, and if your sensitive to smell, then prepare yourself for the strong scent of lavender. However, overcome this and you have yourself another fantastic eczema care product!

Snatch up this itch relieving, healing 125g of product for the bargain price of £2.99 only at superdrug stores!

4. Baby Shampoo

I know, Before you think, BABY SHAMPOO? well, actually, baby shampoo is a very gentle cleansing, multi use product.


First of all, it's a brilliant way to cleanse an eczema prone/dry scalp, as it's strong enough to cleanse the hair, without stripping it of moisture. I speak from personal experience. 
I've also found that as someone who develops eczema on my legs and underarms, it can be really difficult to get a close shave without causing irritation or re-cutting my eczema on those areas. However,  pour a little baby shampoo into your hands, foam it up, and use it on your skin like a normal shaving foam, and your golden! It creates a barrier between the skin and razor, that allows you to get a good clean shave, without doing any further damage. 
Baby shampoo is just a good all round product, I've used it to shave, clean makeup brushes, wash my face and even shower with.

Grab yourself a huge 500ml bottle for an absolute bargain price of £2.99 at Superdrug stores now, I promise you will not regret it!

5 .Lush 9 to 5 cleanser

This product recommendation, was a recent discovery after browsing the net during the January sales. That being said, I'm so glad that I found this product and now I cannot be without it!


As a sufferer of eczema, people often forget that it doesn't just effect areas of the skin that sweat often or crease. Sometimes people develop eczema on their face as well, which I'm not going to lie, can be really difficult to deal with, because that's the one area of the skin you can't hide, even with makeup. 
However after struggling to find a facial cleanser to use both morning and night, that wasn't heavy enough to break me out, but still moisturizing enough to help aid my facial eczema, I found this little beauty. 
This cleanser is more of a facial lotion, than a scrub or foam. You simply apply a thin layer to the face, and remove with a warm flannel. The amazing part is that it actually really does cleanse your skin and for me personally, it really improved my overall complexion, while still easing the dryness of my eczema.
This product smells amazing, contains hydrating products like almond oil and dove orchard extract, and considering the price of skincare products nowadays is actually not too pricey. 

Pick either a 95g bottle for just £5.10 or a 240g bottle for just £9.95 at your local Lush store and while your in there, try not to make too many impulse purchases.



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig