Thursday 7 October 2021

Testing Makeup RevolutionxDC



Of course it's that wonderful time of the year, when all the super exciting and spooky makeup collaborations begin to drop. And this year Makeup revolution have done gooood!!

Releasing the perfect Halloween collaboration, with DC

The collection contains products from Batman, Catwoman, Harley quinn and The Joker.

Ranging from palettes, highlighters, glosses (I'll explain that one later) brush sets, makeup bags.. the list could just keep going. 

So, for the purpose of not being wasteful,  I only purchased products that I knew I would genuinely use on a regular basis.

The first product being the Batman eyeshadow palette.


This palette is 1 available of 4 in the collection. (Excluding the huge DC palette with face products included.) 

This palette also happens to be  the most neutral toned one in the whole collection.

First off, Let's talk packaging!



Which I absolutely loved! Featuring the absolute classic bold Batman logo on the front. 


Among other small but special details like tiny, almost reflective bats on the inside of the palette. 

Another great thing about this product, is that it also comes with a decent sized mirror. Which makes this palette perfect to just throw in your everyday makeup bag.

My only complaint with the packaging, is that there are no shade names included underneath the shadow pans. Instead the shade names are printed on a plastic sheet. 

The palette contains 9 Eyeshadows 
Featuring a good range of everyday matte and shimmer shades.

I also love the fact that they featured the classic yellow and black eyeshadow shades. Making the colours tie in with the collaboration perfectly. 

The shades in the palette are nice and silky to the touch, and surprisingly pigmented.


Both the mattes and shimmers swatched, and applied to the lids without any issues and a whole lot of pigment.

The shadows blended out easily and left my eyeshadow looking  smooth and seamless. 


My only real complaint with this product, is the neutral brown shades that are included seemed to have that same warm toned base to them. Which made some of the shades seem a but too samey, samey for my liking. 

Although, if this isn't something that would bother you too much, I can't really think of any other reason as to why you wouldn't want to  purchase this product. 

The palette retails for just £8.00 and Is available for purchase on both the revolution and superdrug website.


Along with the palette. I also picked up both the Harley quinn, and Joker "Glosses."

Both of the glosses are without a shadow of a doubt based, based on the suicide squad version of each character, but the packaging still fits in really well with this whole collaboration.

Now let me open up by saying the word "Lipgloss" seemed to be slightly misleading. Which meant I was in for a bit of shock, when the lip products began to dry down and set after application. 

Turns out this product is actually a matte lipgloss. (Which is why you should always read the small print online)

That being said, and despite the lip products not being what I was originally expecting, I do still love them both.




The Harley Quinn shade is a beautiful light baby pink shade, and The Joker shade is a gorgeous classic blood red shade. (Which I'm secretly grateful isn't a gloss, as I'm sure I would look a bit mad with dark red gloss smudged all over my face)





Both the products are extremely pigmented, and do apply with ease, even without the help of a lip liner. 

I also found that both the products lasted fairly well. Even though I did experience some wear on the centre of my lips after eating and drinking.

So, although I was initially taken aback that these products weren't glosses. I am super happy with how it worked out in the end.

And the Harley Quinn lip shade has secretly worked it's way into my everyday makeup bag. (P.S it also secretly works really well as a liquid lipstick.)

So, despite the misleading name. Both these products are  lovely, and only cost £6.00!

Making them well worth the money!



And finally we have the last item that I purchased in the collection, The Joker Brush Set!

Retailing at £15.00 for 4 eyeshadow brushes and a face brush.

The brush set comes in a lovely tin case with The Joker logo printed on the front, which not only looks really nice, but works well for storage.




The brushes themselves look amazing, and tie in perfectly with the Joker collaboration. With colours like red and green and phrases like "haha". Written all over the handle.

Although there are 4 eye shadow brushes available in the set, I thought they were a nice variety of brushes. Especially if you're a makeup beginner. Giving you the option of a flat shader brush, a blending brushes and even an angled eyeliner brush.


And of course don't forget the fluffy face brush, that works really well for face powder or blush application.  

I thought each brush was really well made and the bristles felt super soft.

And so far, I've been left pretty damn happy with the brushes that I've used. (You can clearly see from pictures what ones are stained) 

I actually think this brush set would be a really great gift idea, for either a makeup beginner or just a regular old DC fan. Especially with the up and coming Christmas season.


All in all, I absolutely loved this makeup collaboration!

It was just such a well thought out collection. And although some of the products weren't without there issues, or you know, misleading product names, I was super happy with how all the products both, applied and wore!

So, if you're looking a nice gift idea for someone, or even just a nice treat for yourself. I would highly recommend this super fun collaboration!!





















SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig