Sunday 10 October 2021

Testing Beauty Bay X Disney

For today's review we have a very special makeup collection from a brand whose products I've yet to try.

This brand is Beauty bay!


Who have very recently released a range of products in collaboration with Disney.

In this collection, there are three eyeshadow palettes, two trio packs of shadow sticks and three lip and cheek tint duos available. 

For the purpose of this review, I decided to only test a few of the eyeshadow palettes. 

The three palettes that are available in the collection are: Dumbo, The Jungle Book, and the Cheshire Cat from Alice in wonderland. (Which I'm super happy about, as the Disney Princess thing has been done ALOT by other brands and can become a bit stale after a while.)

Each palette is available for individual purchase costing only £8.00. Or,  if you'd prefer, you can buy all three of the palettes for £20.00 as a set. 

I decided to purchase The Jungle Book and Alice in Wonderland palettes, as I preferred both of there colour stories. 

Each palette contains only six, all matte shadows. 




Meaning that this collection will not be ideal for everyone. (I'm looking at at shimmer and glitter lovers out there)

As for the colour choices, well for these palettes, the colour stories were totally inspired by the original Disney films.  

Beauty bay have claimed that they have gone through these classic films, pulling the colours out of different scenes, and based each individual eyeshadow shade on them. 

Which makes for a really fun and unique approach to a Disney makeup Collection. 

This also means that each shade comes with its own name, along with a code that I can only assume is the colour. Which has then been printed on the back of the packaging.




As well as this, each palette comes with its original film, or character picture, which is slightly hazy or distorted, and then used as the products packaging. 



The palettes feel super light weight and compact. Even with the small mirror being included. 

The shadow shades in each palette have been well planned out. And Represent each character from the films, extremely well. 

I also love how the shades (mainly in the jungle book palette) have this soft, muted, almost cartoon like quality. Which once again feels like great representation in regards to this collaboration. 

The formula of the palettes has been impressive. Especially for such an affordable price. 

Out of the palettes I've tested, the formulas have been super smooth and blendible. Feeling amazing to the touch, but still applying well with a brush. 

I will say though, that when using a brush, the shadows do tend to have some kick back. Nothing terrible of course, but I just thought it was worth a mention. 




I've also found the pigmentation of the shadows to be quite good. As the palettes claim to be more pressed pigments than shadows. 

I had no issues with the softer, more muted shades such as the lilacs. Which still showed up well on my lids, even without the help of a shadow primer.

And of course the brighter shades in each palette, really pack a punch. Creating some super vibrant and fun makeup looks, without requiring too much effort or building up.  

I thought the shadows lasted well on my actual lid. As often with more affordable palettes, the shadows can sometimes fade terribly. Giving that did I even put on eyeshadow today, kind of look, which nobody wants.

I experienced very little to no fall out on my under eyes, when applying these shadows. Which is particularly impressive when working with some of the more vibrant shades. 

My only complaint, or more foot note. Is that some of the shades do tend to slightly stain the lid. In particular the Brighter pink and purple tones available in the Alice in wonderland palette. (this is shown more clearly in the above picture, which were the stains left on my hand after removing some swatches.)

Which is always important to note, for my sensitive eyed individuals, as sometimes shades like this can be problematic.

However, the slight pinky stains left on my lid, weren't completely unbearable, and haven't put me of continuing to use this palette. 

All in all I have been really impressed with the palettes in the collection. Finding it to be a really unique and fun collaboration, with great affordable prices. 

All these items are available exclusively on the Beauty Bay website, and would be a fantastic purchase for all those Disney lovers out there.





... 


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig