Tuesday 19 November 2019

How to Remove Red Hair Dye Without Bleach!


First of all. Yes, It's me! I've finally decided to write a blog post after a super loongg time!

Secondly, Would it even be a post written by me if it wasn't about hair dye? I think not!






So, lets get the background story out of the way. And if you've already read previous blog posts then, I apologize for repeating myself....

...To put a super long story short. I've been dying my hair different colours for absolute years. We're talking blues, reds, purples, greens, the absolute lot! Until a few years, when my hair dying days hit a peak, and my hair was literally falling out off my head. (Take note, don't change your hair colour once every weekend..)  and so I cut it all off and started all over again! 

And if you've read my previous posts, your aware that after much fuss, my hair finally started growing out long again. So, as a reward you know just for me... I let myself go back to my absolute favourite hair colour in the whole world... RED! 

Fast Forward a year and a half later... surprise surprise I'm Bored with it again!

The plan was to try and remove the notoriously difficult to remove red hair dye, with as minimal damage as I could possibly manage, and then I would simply dye over it with whatever hair colour I was sort of feeling that day. (I know, it was a very well thought out plan... )

And of course with all good hair dying stories, it always begins with a quick google and reading some product reviews.

I was originally planning to buy the colour B4 hair colour remover from Superdrug to try and remove as much of the red pigment as possible without bleach. However, after reading/ watching a whole bunch off reviews on it, I learned very quickly that the product is either super patchy, or just doesn't seem to work at all!

And, after much a do with reading reviews and watching youtube videos, I finally settled on buying a hair colour remover from TamBeauty (yes, the same company as Makeup Revolution)  Called Colourless Max!

The product costs around £10.00 (although I sneakily bought mine on offer for around £6.50... hehe!)

The box contains the obvious, instructions and gloves, but you also get three different parts to the actual colour removing process.

And before I begin to explain how you actually use this product, please bare in mind it is kind of a long process and can take a good few hours to do. So if you've got some important stuff you have to deal with, you might want to hold out on using this, until your free for the day.




The product comes in 3 Parts. You Mix parts A and B together, like a normal box hair dye, and then apply to your hair, wrap your hair up in cling film, or if you're super classy like me, a Tesco plastic bag. You then leave it on your head for around 45 minutes.

The really good thing was that before I had even covered my hair to leave the product to do it's thing, I could already see the red beginning to lift out of my lengths. Which I'm not going to lie, was a bit of a shock. That being said I was super happy to see the results straight away.

So, if you're wondering, if your going to have to wait to wash the colour out to see results, from my experience I would say no, You can almost see it as it's happening!

Now, here's the second warning I'll give you. This product absolutely frickin stinks! 

The smell is  somewhere between rotten eggs and perming lotion. So, my advice would be to make sure your in a well ventilated area when using this product. Or  just clothes peg your nose shut...

And before anyone starts to panic, the smell doesn't last forever once you wash out the product. I could only smell it the first few times I washed my hair after doing this process. So, don't stress!

Then comes the process of washing out the product...

...The first step is to wash the product out of your hair just using water for five minutes straight. Then you take part C and massage it into your hair for a full minute, before washing it out for another five minutes. (Then you repeat the process of massaging and rinsing for one final time)

And now that you're traumatized and your shoulders hurt from all that shampooing, you are officially done!!


Before Picture:




After picture:





All in All, I was super happy with the results of this product, especially on super difficult to remove red hair! 

I was also super happy to find that although my hair did feel slightly drier than before, my hair had suffered minimal damage! Making it Perfect for us hair dying addicts!


Shawtandsimple! Xo



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig