Friday 22 September 2017

Skincare Current Favourites!

So, It's that time of year again...

Where the sun disappears and the cold weather begins to slowly creep back in...

Now, as the weather changes, so does your skin.

I'm pretty sure that most people change up there skincare routine as the winter months approach. The face balms, creamy cleansers and heavy duty face creams all come out, in order to combat that drier time of the year. However, for some people, like myself, this isn't always the easiest thing. Especially if you suffer with severe eczema, sensitive and flaky skin.

After a very long time of experimenting with different products, I think I've finally managed to perfect my skincare routine, in order to both help my eczema and hopefully keep that dry skin at bay, especially with the colder months approaching.

So, I give you,  my current favourite skincare products!!


1. Yes To Tomatos Charcoal Face Cleanser- £8.99







So, A common problem with having dry skin, is when the breakouts start. In my personal experience, most products that are aimed towards helping acne or spot prone skin, usually dry out the face, or are aimed towards people with oily skin. I also find that a lot of the time, tea tree products (more commonly used to treat breakouts) can be very harsh, on my particular skin type. So after a bit of research, I finally decided to give this product a try, and fell in love! I'm currently using my third bottle!!

The product itself, is a natural, organic skincare product, that has no harsh chemicals, is cruelty free and contains no parabens, which is always a good start.

The cleanser, is actually a delightfully off-putting black colour (because off the charcoal) but, if you can get past that, it really is a fantastic face wash.



When you squeeze out the cleanser onto your hand, It comes out as a gel formula, with small grains of charcoal throughout it. Which I have actually found to be really great for my dry skin, as it gently buffs away at the flaky patches.

The product has a lovely smell, and is easy to remove, with a simple splash off water!

After using the product, It leaves the skin feeling nice and clean, without making my skin feel tight, itchy or dried out.

I've also found that this product has been fantastic at combating my hormonal breakouts and areas where blackheads form.

All in all a really great, gently exfoliating face cleanser, to help keep the skin clear during those colder months!

And all for less that a tenner!!


2. Dr Organic Vitamin E Cream- £8.50

Vitamin E...



Vitamin E (organic cold pressed) Oil has been well known in the beauty/ skincare community as a really great, natural alternative moisturiser. It can help to combat and treat dry skin, help the skin heal, treat scars, help prevent signs of aging, and even treat skin conditions such as psoriasis.

Now, I'm all about using organic and natural skincare products, as I really think that taking care of your body, including the products you use on it, is extremely important and as someone who suffers with extremely dry skin (including on my face) I was delighted to try this highly beneficial skincare product.



This vitamin E cream was purchased at Holland and Barrett, and comes in a 50ml pot.

I use this product as my everyday face cream.



This cream is a lovely smooth texture, it spreads easily all over the skin, which means a little goes a long way! So you, definitely get your moneys worth!

The face cream is a thick consistency, but doesn't feel heavy or sticky on the skin. It absorbs fast into the skin, and leaves my face feeling lovely and smooth.

I've also found that it makes a lovely base, and sits really well under my makeup, making my skin look lovely and hydrated!

Again, this is another must have skincare product, and I'm currently using my second pot!!

3. Weleda Lavender Cream Body Wash- £7.99





Okay, I'll be totally honest, this product is definitely not the cheapest body wash you could have, but as someone with extremely sensitive and eczema prone skin, I have to be very picky with what I use, even in the shower!

This is a fairly new product in my skincare routine, but as soon as I bought it, I knew it was well worth my money.


Once again, this is another natural organic, paraben free product (if you can't tell this is a running theme with my skincare.)

I'm not going to lie, part of the reason I love this product soo much, is that it's just soo luxurious!! It makes my basic boring everyday shower feel like a real proper pamper instead!

The product is a lovely thick creamy texture, that foams up lovely when it comes into contact with water. The body wash isn't drying at all, and the fact that it's lavender scented, not only helps to make your boring old shower more relaxing, but can also have a nice calming, anti inflammatory effect when it comes to certain skin conditions. So this product really helps with my eczema.

I'm sure that there are plenty of other body washes, that are way more affordable, but if your looking for something a little more luxurious, that can also benefit your dry skin. I would highly recommend this. I think it's one of my absolute favourites that I've tried!!

4. Child's Farm Sensitive Body Moisturiser-£4.00

So, I'll admit this skincare product, does seem to be a bit random...

However, I remember one day, a while back, I was scrolling through facebook, when a shared post caught my attention. In the post, it was a mother talking about how her new born baby had been battling severe eczema on her hands for a long time. The mum was talking about how she had tried near enough every product on her baby, including prescribed steroid creams and nothing had helped!

Until... She randomly found this moisturising baby cream in Boots. And miraculously her child's eczema cleared up within a few days off use!!!

I never really gave this cream much thought after reading that post.

That was until a few months ago...



One day I was wondering through my local Tesco, when the brand Childs Farm appeared in the beauty section!

I instantly remembered reading the Facebook post and thought that for grand price of only 4 quid, I may as well give this cream a go and see if it actually helped my eczema. And I Haven't been disappointed!



Now I'm not going to lie, and say that my eczema amazingly cleared up the second I used this product. However, I have definitely noticed a huge improvement in my skin from I started using the cream.

The product comes as a pump bottle, which is great for hygiene reasons!



The cream itself, isn't super thick, but also isn't super watery. I think it's actually a really nice consistency!

I have also found that a little goes a long way, so you don't need to use too much off the product.

The cream is fast absorbed into the skin, and in my experience doesn't leave my skin feeling tacky, or irritated (It's also fragrance free which definitely helps!)

Since I've started using this product, I really have noticed an improvement in my skin. I've found that the dryness and red patches seem to heal up quickly after a bad flare up, and it keeps my skin lovely and hydrated, without that irritating sticky, tacky feeling that most eczema products cause.

I can also imagine that this product would be a great affordably everyday moisturiser for someone who is on a budget!

It really Is an absolute bargain at only 4 quid!!

5. Dr Organic Virgin Olive Oil Bio Balm- £4.59

Yeah, I know, Surprise surprise, another organic product!

However, I think that this product would be a must have, especially with the winter months fast approaching!



This product Is a 12g pot of multi use balm.

When I first bought it, it was actually really taken aback by the texture. In fact I was actually quite disappointed.It seemed to be a really hard gritty type product, which I found weird, especially since it was meant to be olive oil based.



However, after the first few times of using the balm, and warming it up with my fingers, I was
relieved to find that the balm really softened up and turned into a lovely smooth texture. I think it's just a case of breaking that top seal layer. You know like you can get with some highlighters? So for that reason maybe you might be better off purchasing another balm. But this one? I am totally in love!!

It's a really thick, creamy balm, that doesn't feel sticky or annoying when it's being used. I'm currently using this product as a lip balm and I've found this to be really super hydrating and has left my lips feeling silky smooth!



Now I reckon that this balm would be fantastic for lots of different things, lipbalm, cuticle balm, use on dry patches and it might be especially good for dry skin around the nose, you know, with the sniffy, sneezing season of colds and flus ahead!

It's also super handy as it's a small pot that you could just throw into your hand bag and off you go!




...And that's a wrap!!
There you have it, all my current must have skincare products, to help you defeat those cold winter days and those dry patches! I hope this was helpful to some people. And if not? Then I hope you enjoyed reading!

Your Truly!
shawtandsimple xo





























SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig